Your oldest item that you still wear?

I have a black Banana Republic coat my mom bought me when I was in seventh grade(?). I remember wearing it to church and it being a little big on me. I still wear it pretty regularly in the fall -- isn't that nuts?

haha I can't believe everyone on this thread who can still wear the stuff from when they were elementary school kids!
Haha when I got the coat, it was quite big on me. The coat itself is all black and not designed for kids. I dont know if it is just me but I was always trying hard to dress very mature when I was a kid...So, I guess thats why I could still put it on today:smile:

Last edited:
I have a MaxMara sweater that I got about 10 years ago, and it still looks new. Italian luxury clothing is really worth the money. Also, I have a Pucci silk chiffon shirt that was my mom's in the 60's that I still wear. And I have a sort of travel bag that I bought in Paris 18 years ago that I still use. I love all of these, because when I wear them I remember the parties, trips, etc that happened while I was wearing them.

I have a MaxMara sweater that I got about 10 years ago, and it still looks new. Italian luxury clothing is really worth the money. Also, I have a Pucci silk chiffon shirt that was my mom's in the 60's that I still wear. And I have a sort of travel bag that I bought in Paris 18 years ago that I still use. I love all of these, because when I wear them I remember the parties, trips, etc that happened while I was wearing them.

A Pucci shirt!! How lucky to have something from your mother!:flowers:

The oldest item in my wardrobe actually isn't all that old. It's a black shimmery maxi dress I bought from H&M for £30 about 5 years ago. I no longer shop at fast fashion stores (with the exception of an occasional piece from Zara or Massimo Dutti) as the quality is usually disappointing and I'm more mindful about making sustainable fashion purchases. But this dress is beautiful and has held up very well. I always get compliments on it. Unfortunately I stretched it out a bit wearing it while pregnant :nogood:. I have tried to find something similar but no luck far.

Some of my favorite pieces have been with me for a while! One of my favorites is my 8-year-old Elie Tahari leather jacket (one of the first more pricey items I've ever purchased). The leather is very broken in, soft, and fits me like a glove.

Love the posts here! Very sweet! I agree, the old days were so much better for quality clothing!

One of my oldest, and one of my dearest pieces, is my GAP denim jacket. It is around 15 years old, but the most perfect color denim to me and so soft.:heart:

A couple of my most loved items are 15+ years old -- an Anne Klein burnt orange wool coat with bobbles all over it and a black leather jacket by J Carlise/Anonymous that's totally broken in and slouchy. I also wear all my mom's vintage scarves all the time. Then I have some new to me vintage goodies. I am a big fan of vintage and oldies but goodies - I hate to look like everyone else.

I have a brown leather belt with brass buckle my mother bought me when is was a freshman in college. I am 43 now and I still wear that belt almost everyday :smile: and think of my mom :sad:

I have a black blazer from around 2000/2001 from Express of all places that I still wear. It was the top half of my "interview suit" I purchased at the end of college. I never actually wore the matching pants as I'm in a creative industry, but I've worn that blazer nonstop. It's a slim tuxedo style jacket and I still have people asking me where it's from. It's a little embarrassing to say it's almost 15 years old and from a store I haven't stepped into since college, but it still looks current. Other than repairing a lining tear, it's held up great and a nice weight wool blend. I swear clothing was better made even 15 years ago. When it wears out I'm going to take it to a tailor to duplicate, I love it that much.

Not sure if this counts but I have a cardigan I stole from my mother's closet that I wear a lot. It's from Mondi in the 80's and is a black pattern with gold threads going through the knit. It's got the perfect slouchy fit. I have lots of vintage pieces I've bought, but I guess that sweater has been in my family for at least 30 years.

I just had to comment that I'm wearing my early 2000s express blazer at this very moment!!. Also my younger self "interview suit." It is comfortable and fits great. I wish express quality hadn't gone down (and that their style hadn't changed..) I have a few lovely skirts from that era as well.