Two articles in the Sunday papers this week

It's classic M for me too, I'm afraid. I'm currently saving up to buy my next bag, but going on how i use my bags, and the environment in which I work and live (dirty work environment, beach life), I'm getting more and more in need of a bag which will genuinely last a lifetime - like Mulberry bags used to. That's probably why I'm leaning more towards LV Monogram lately.

I do like the look of the new M collection things - just not enough to pay the exorbitant prices they're charging.

Liz Jones is ... Liz Jones but The Sunday Times Business article was very long and pretty devastating. Starting on the front page of the section and carrying over for almost another page, it was unmissable and if I were M. Guillon I would be quite worried.

I'm wondering how long the shareholder discount will last. Already it's been withdrawn for outlet purchases and also not applicable to certain bags. I know zero about finance but do they really want many investors with tiny packages of shares, isn't that more cumbersome administratively?

Liz Jones is ... Liz Jones but The Sunday Times Business article was very long and pretty devastating. Starting on the front page of the section and carrying over for almost another page, it was unmissable and if I were M. Guillon I would be quite worried.

I'm wondering how long the shareholder discount will last. Already it's been withdrawn for outlet purchases and also not applicable to certain bags. I know zero about finance but do they really want many investors with tiny packages of shares, isn't that more cumbersome administratively?

I agree the times article was the one I zoomed in on...all true

Tribe: Public relations girls, shop assistants, housewives given Mulberry as a gift by cheating husbands.- NOT impressed by this description of alexa carriers via DM article how rude.
I was less than impressed by the later part of this comment and neither was my husband considering he'd bought both my Alexa's for me!

The Birkin is carried by half of Hollywood, more so than the Kelly, yet the Kelly is credited to Americans? That article reads like someone paid to talk up the Cara. It got the best rating and it is garish. Calling the classic Kelly that has been around longer than the Cara ever will be is another example the writer doesn't know what she is prattling on about.

Cheating husbands buy diamonds not handbags. Ask Kobe Bryant.

Would love to read the Times article; unfortunately I'm not a subscriber. Any way to see it online?

Yes I didn't manage to read it all online. I will have to see if I can get hold of a copy sounds as though it's worth reading.

If not the local Library will still have a copy, I am intrigued now

As for the Liz Jones article in the Sunday Mail...................................she dares to brave a picture of herself with her £55 handbag less than she probably pays for having her hair done, don't they pay get very well.

Take a leaf out of Fern Cottons book Liz. :lol:

I think for something we use everyday , several times a day why not spoil yourself and carry something that's a little better than £55 :lol: it's far better that smoking or drinking the £s away

Last edited:
Even though I am young I don't really buy into celebs I like Alexa Chung she's cool but that's not why I bought the bag. And I do NOT see how the cara could possibly outsell the Alexa!!

I'm the same - bought my Alexas because I like the actual bag design rather than the celeb that inspired it ... :smile: Xx

Would love to read the Times article; unfortunately I'm not a subscriber. Any way to see it online?

Managed to find all the article, very good read, definitely all true. "Mulberry is bleeding money". And their bankers, Barclays profit forecast for next year down by 37 % !

You have to wonder how long the shareholders really will stick by Bruno. I wonder if the problem with taking on a new designer is the difficulty of working with Bruno. Who wants to risk their reputation with this ever downward spiral ?

The article was really damming and not impressed with the Cara range from a price point of view. The range is definitely aimed at the Asian market but will they buy it? Pretty sure they are not going to have many takers in the UK:nogood:

I'm the same - bought my Alexas because I like the actual bag design rather than the celeb that inspired it ... :smile: Xx

Even though I am young I don't really buy into celebs I like Alexa Chung she's cool but that's not why I bought the bag. And I do NOT see how the cara could possibly outsell the Alexa!!

I didn't even know who Alexa Chung was when I bought my first Alexa. Just loved the bag, only found it was named after her when reading snippets on TPF so googled to see who she was :lolots:

No way would I buy a bag because of who it was named after or which Celeb had been seen carrying it.

The article in the Sunday Times also mentions mentions this comment by Viiki Day
That the bags would appeal to her 27 year old daughter but she doesn't have £1000 to spend on a bag whereas women her age has but she doesn't like Celebs..........guess aspiring to Celebs is something we go through when we are younger but we later grow out of it

Last edited: