Another grooming disaster!

maye

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Last Saturday I took Rio to the groomers for a trimming and look how he looks now. When I picked him up I didn't knew if I was going to cry or not. Is completely my fault!! DH said that he's dignity went away with the hair. My only console is that he's hair will grow back!!:crybaby:

Attachments

• Rio Before.jpg
    Rio Before.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Rio new hairdo.jpg
    Rio new hairdo.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Rio new hairdo2.jpg
    Rio new hairdo2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 94
He looks quite sleek and sophisticated with his new hair style! But, I totally understand where you are coming from. If I had asked the groomer for a trim, I wouldn't have expected a shave.

Anyway, he's still lovable and his fur will grow back!

Is completely my fault!! DH said that he's dignity went away with the hair.

ok, first, it's not your fault -- you weren't holding the clippers! second, men lose their hair so they have this emotional attachment to it -- rio couldn't care less and probably likes how cool he feels. and finally, i think he looks adorable clipped!

I think he looks fine.
When I had my persian cat I used to take him to the groomers 2-3 times a year and this is the cut they would always give him. Not that my cat could tell me, but he always seemed really happy after a groom, like he'd been liberated.
It grows back extremely quickly and in a few weeks it will not look nearly as severe, I promise!

He probably feels liberated from all that fur!

My poor longhair (I'm pretty sure he's a Turkish Angora) gets so hot during the summer and I keep joking that we should shave him. I'm not sure if he'd think it's a good idea!