2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Sounds like u have a beautiful collection, can't wait to see it :smile: what I also love about this thread is that people have been really good about giving reviews on their bags and it ends up being a good reference area for a huge variety of bags.

Thanks! I've been using the wristlet everyday since. I hear how ppl use a smaller clutch or wristlet in a larger bag and just take it out for a short errand or something and I think I found mine! :smile:

I know how u feel! I went into a diff coach store to see what they had and I almost bought the red python wristlet because the gray croc embossed one has been working so well! Took all my will power to walk out of there. And the stupid thing is, I KNOW I'm going to check out another location tomorrow. Why do I do this to myself? I just love bags that much....what Kate spade bag did u get?? I love her stuff!

I am soooo looking forward to this thread. I love reading reviews on how others feel about a bag. So helpful. I also love the size of the coach wristlets. Just waiting to find the one in a perfect color. Oops...I am suppose to shop on my own closet. I hope I don't forget...lol. 😉

Thank you so much everyone for the kind support. The case is getting stranger, but hopefully it will be resolved soon (she said sorry and changed her mind on it being fake but hasn't withdrawn the dispute). I've had such lovely buyers in the past, but I think I need to re-think my strategy when I sell in the future although it won't be for a long time after this. Perhaps using craiglist and getting my bags authenticated by a third party before I sell them.

I had a friend come up with an idea of donating the last of my bags to the charity he works for and letting the charity auction them! That way I'm doing something good (someone gets a bargain and charity gets money). I suppose my thing is that I'm okay with donating money, but I'm not okay with losing money in a scam.

Ugh.. I had an awful experience too. Clearly buyers remorse. (I should have known when she asked to me to hold it for four weeks so she could hide it from her husband.) She filed a claim and eBAy found in my favor (which never happens) and still... She filed a dispute with Paypal. I got my bag back but I was stung. I have continued to sell and this one bad experience has been passed by many better ones.

At the very end of 2013 I bought a bag that I think can allow me to sell two and be at my preferred level of eight bags, my one never-let-it-go bag, and my formal evening bag. Then I should be able to shop within my collection.

Thing is, it's red. I have this love hate relationship with red. LOVE to look it at, don't often feel confident wearing it. But it was such a fantastic red and a good price and good return policy I decided to risk it...

At the very end of 2013 I bought a bag that I think can allow me to sell two and be at my preferred level of eight bags, my one never-let-it-go bag, and my formal evening bag. Then I should be able to shop within my collection.

Thing is, it's red. I have this love hate relationship with red. LOVE to look it at, don't often feel confident wearing it. But it was such a fantastic red and a good price and good return policy I decided to risk it...

Me too about the love hate relationship with red. Currently I really want a red bag. Problem is I had some but sold as I rarely uses it arghh: ( I think your decision is sound: )

I love red bags and I am always lost when the right tone of red comes by. :smile:

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I'm starting 2014 with my favorite bag... bal chataigne rh city! :love:
Very pretty!

Tuuli35, louvigilante, and lisa2007-Love all your bags! What a way to start the new year off.
Thank you!

Those are both beautiful pieces, the red is gorgeous.
Thank you!

I'm in! I lurked in the 2013 thread, don't think I posted.
I got into terrible debt ten years ago when I bought bag after bag - remember when the It-bag madness was at its height? I paid everything off and started afresh back in 2010 - no credit cards, so I either save up, buy preloved or on layaway.
Last year I hit eBay and found a Chloe Bay for £80 - my beater bag, great for weekends and appalling weather. I also won a purple patent Prada - my day-to-evening bag. Finally I got my two HG Bals.
I posted in another thread yesterday that I wanted to have a year without any bag purchases. Of course, this morning I woke up with an all-consuming need for something Chanel lol.
Seriously - this is a year I really do want to shop from my closet.
Starting with one of my HGs - Violet Chèvre City
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388602798.258651.jpg

I got into terrible debt ten years ago when I bought bag after bag - remember when the It-bag madness was at its height? I paid everything off and started afresh back in 2010 - no credit cards, so I either save up, buy preloved or on layaway.
Last year I hit eBay and found a Chloe Bay for £80 - my beater bag, great for weekends and appalling weather. I also won a purple patent Prada - my day-to-evening bag. Finally I got my two HG Bals.
I posted in another thread yesterday that I wanted to have a year without any bag purchases. Of course, this morning I woke up with an all-consuming need for something Chanel lol.
View attachment 2447363

Gorgeous leather on that bag!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I'm starting 2014 with my favorite bag... bal chataigne rh city! :love:
I love a good brown leather bag and that color is absolutely beautiful. Looks amazing.
View attachment 2447363
Such a beautiful purple.

A bal is not a bag I veer to but every time I see pics of them here, I start looking for one. At one point, I had 3 listed in my wishlist haha. Both your bags are so beautiful.

View attachment 2447363
This is soo pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.