Should I return my new lv speedy 30 just because of the "made in USA" tag? Advice pls

Soo as you all know the tags are now on the inside and there is no longer the "made in France" stamp.. This is my first Louie and I never knew about the stamp or tag till I researched it on here.. Now I'm feeling unsure, I called the two stores in my area (San Francisco) and both said they were 99.9% sure they don't have any with the stamp and won't be getting any anytime since the style has changed. I love my bag, I've saved forever for it. I payed 990 for it and id hate for it to look like a fake.. So I need opinions.. Would you Ladies return it?Am I being to picky? Also has anyone else in the sf/bayarea found a speedy 30 with the stamp in the recent months?

Thanks!
If that is your only issue than I would keep it. The purse looks great.

I used to despise the cloth tag with a passion. I said to myself it was preowned for me moving forward. But my boyfriend just bought me a bag with the cloth tag and I quickly got over it. Not only I was not going to turn my nose at his gift but I wouldn't return/exchange anything he gives me. So now I own a Estrela with a cloth tag. Oh well, it was bound to happen at some point. I say keep it.

As you already said, you love it. It's perfect, keep it! I'm so sorry that the various negativity here on TPF have soured your experience... please don't let it. If you hadn't looked on this site you wouldn't even think twice about it, right? There is NOTHING wrong with your bag it is top of the line Louis Vuitton and it's truly gorgeous! :smile: Carry it with pride. Congrats!

You said you love it...so why would the tag make a difference in how you feel about it?

Personally I love knowing my bag was made in the USA...I wish more items came with tags that read that way!!

Mine says "made in U.S.A." on the "leaf" at the other end from where the lock goes on. Are they not doing that anymore? The one I tried on was MIF and when I came back a few days later because my husband wanted to buy it for me (birthday present) I didn't look at the leaf. I was kinda put out for a while but really it doesn't bother me, at least it's not made in China.

The tags bothered me at first but my husband thought it was great that the bag was made in the USA, so I'm over it now. Also, a previous poster (axcarter) had an excellent point...most fakes have the 'made in france' stamp so having a 'made in usa' bag probably looks more authentic anyway. Glad you're keeping her! :yes:

As you already said, you love it. It's perfect, keep it! I'm so sorry that the various negativity here on TPF have soured your experience... please don't let it. If you hadn't looked on this site you wouldn't even think twice about it, right? There is NOTHING wrong with your bag it is top of the line Louis Vuitton and it's truly gorgeous! :smile: Carry it with pride. Congrats!

+1 Very well said. Congratulations on a LVoely bag. Keep it, LVoe and enjoy with all of your heart. :hbeat:

I really don't see the big deal about a MIU bag. As you said, you didn't even know about the tag until you came to TPF, so I don't understand why would you let that bother you? If you never came to TPF, you would love your bag without hesitation. Keep it and enjoy it!!!!! It's a beauty! It does not and will not look like a fake because its not!

On a side note, I surely hope LV does not change their return policy because so many ppl are returning bags simply because of where they are made...then ppl will be pi$$ed off about that and have something else to complain about!

If you loved bag before you found out, I'd keep it. I personally dont care about the tags. I never even see the tag as most time I reach into my bags without looking inside. I personally bought two bags from ebay with cloth tags, so there are people who still buy with it. My bags with made in France I never look at the stamps either on those bags. I get tons of compliments on my portobello and it has a cloth tag, no one thinks it looks fake, they don't even know about it. I say just enjoy your bag and the accomplishment of saving up for it.

Keep it. I really don't see the big deal anyway. Wouldn't you rather support your own country's economy? There have been so many threads lately where people are buying bags and then returning them for one silly (imo) reason or another. If your not happy then don't buy it in the first place, geesh.

Anyway your bag is gorgeous and I hope you get many years of happiness out of her.