Should I return my new lv speedy 30 just because of the "made in USA" tag? Advice pls

I think Louis Vuitton themselves is partially responsible for some customers preferring the "MIF" label. Part of their marketing and branding was always focused on the trained artisans IN FRANCE who sewed their bags. So you could perhaps wrongly assume that you can't hire trained artisans lickety split in other countries, that perhaps these artisans are not instantly available or would take a long time to train.

Now it appears that is not the case at all. LV has opened factories in Spain and the US and additional ones in France, and the bags are probably the same quality. LV had to keep up with the high demand so they trained people quickly, it would appear.

In general, I love to buy products MADE IN THE USA, but there is a slight niggling sense in the back of my mind that the 75 year old guy who does the best job in the factory is probably located in France.

After hearing all the complaints about cracking, peeling, and the logo not matching up, I fear the 75 hear old artisan is getting a little cranky in old age. Lol. 😃😃

I have the same bag and is also made in the USA..
I think with the DE speedy the tag is so dark you can't see there is no made in stamp there anyway so I say keep it because it's a BIG hassle trying to find a MIF.

Just a side note....
The people that think were ridiculous to worry where it's made or about the ugly cloth tag are the ones that live in a Country where they don't have to worry about any bags made in the USA and all of their bags are either made in France or Spain.... :shocked:

I have the same bag and is also made in the USA..
I think with the DE speedy the tag is so dark you can't see there is no made in stamp there anyway so I say keep it because it's a BIG hassle trying to find a MIF.

Just a side note....
The people that think were ridiculous to worry where it's made or about the ugly cloth tag are the ones that live in a Country where they don't have to worry about any bags made in the USA and all of their bags are either made in France or Spain.... :shocked:

Not completely true. I live in the US and have bags and access made in different countries. I don't have a personal preference where my bag is made, as long as it has no quality issues when I purchase it. I do think that it's a bit silly to RETURN an otherwise perfect bag JUST because its MIU, ESP when there was no issue about it before OP came to TPF.

If you genuinely have a preference for your own reasons, then hey that's great and I respect that, but as a newbie myself, I have seen several threads from ppl that say they had no issue with MIU before they came here and now all of a sudden they want to return a bag that has no issues other than being MIU.

I think this will definitely result in some clients being banned if ppl continue to return items for reasons such this.......

Not completely true. I live in the US and have bags and access made in different countries. I don't have a personal preference where my bag is made, as long as it has no quality issues when I purchase it. I do think that it's a bit silly to RETURN an otherwise perfect bag JUST because its MIU, ESP when there was no issue about it before OP came to TPF.

If you genuinely have a preference for your own reasons, then hey that's great and I respect that, but as a newbie myself, I have seen several threads from ppl that say they had no issue with MIU before they came here and now all of a sudden they want to return a bag that has no issues other than being MIU.

I think this will definitely result in some clients being banned if ppl continue to return items for reasons such this.......
:goodpost:

Can you explain what was "Not completely true" about my post???

Can you explain what was "Not completely true" about my post???

"The people that think were ridiculous to worry where it's made or about the ugly cloth tag are the ones that live in a Country where they don't have to worry about any bags made in the USA and all of their bags are either made in France or Spain...."

This part....

I was saying that your statement isn't completely true because I am one such example (Im sure there are others) that contradicts it, which I explained in my post.

"The people that think were ridiculous to worry where it's made or about the ugly cloth tag are the ones that live in a Country where they don't have to worry about any bags made in the USA and all of their bags are either made in France or Spain...."

This part....

I was saying that your statement isn't completely true because I am one such example (Im sure there are others) that contradicts it, which I explained in my post.

Umm ok.... :huh:

Just enjoy your bag and don't over think it. It's more important that it is perfectly made, even mif ones have faults in manufacture and if you love it I bet it won't be your only LV purchase, you may get a MIF next time if it is still important to you. :tup