Home & Garden 15 minutes a day to declutter club

The second day of declutter is done, items to the trash. I'm eyeing storage plastic shopping bags for tomorrow.

Yay, you! What did you declutter?

I may take today off, not sure. Ds7 started school, and it was a rough start. I took a nap and just don't feel good plus dealing with bills, which should allow a month off of anything else :roflmfao: I guess I could sort receipts and mail--in a basket assigned for such items. I am finally using the proper basket.

Is this also included de cluttering the bags?😄😄😉😉😜😄 don't think this 15 minutes won't work for ne😔😔😔😔 after de cluttering its going to be back the same thing again😔😔😔

I got through some old papers today. I have SO MANY MORE, and it will take a long time because nestled within the stacks are some that I will have to keep. I have always loved to write stuff down by hand, but now I'm seeing the effects of years of that. I can't bear to go 100% electronic, though!

No Cute, you're totally right about papers being psychologically heavy. How old are your kiddies? Can you make them do 15 minutes of toy-putting away every night before bed?

Took the day off. Such a Monday and so tired. Still did some cleaning, made a nice dinner, did the Mom thing. But just beat.

Tomorrow, I'll tackle the mail basket along with housework. My goal is to get the house in order by Thanksgiving. I know that sounds like a really long time, but I'm including the garage full of elderly neighbor's hoarding.

Yay, you! What did you declutter?

I may take today off, not sure. Ds7 started school, and it was a rough start. I took a nap and just don't feel good plus dealing with bills, which should allow a month off of anything else :roflmfao: I guess I could sort receipts and mail--in a basket assigned for such items. I am finally using the proper basket.

It was old receipts and documentation, we had a payment plan for medications many years ago but no need to save this any longer. Also some worn out drinking glass and old table ware went into trash. A little bite at a time :smile:

I'm sure I'll need a day off too in the coming weeks.

How did your elderly neighbor's junk end up in your garage? Is this the one that passed away?

I don't even remember. Three years ago when we were clearing paths in his place to help him, and he was all stressy, I think it was done just to keep him moving forward and feeling safe.

It was old receipts and documentation, we had a payment plan for medications many years ago but no need to save this any longer. Also some worn out drinking glass and old table ware went into trash. A little bite at a time :smile:

I'm sure I'll need a day off too in the coming weeks.

Nicely done, Elliespurse!

I'm a bit sad I needed a break day 3. Sheesh. But today was long on many levels, so it is what it is.

I had resolved to clean out my car in my 15 min today, but I think I'm going to switch to my front room because it's such a mess after our weekend trip. In 15 min I'll be able to set things straight and toss out accumulating junk mail. Car gets moved to future - it's so so hot here anyway, no fun to have to clean out a vehicle with 100 degree heat indexes.

Way to go everyone. I think my goal is the mail basket, where I also keep receipts. I need to find two receipts. I also need to sort ds7's school clothes. Learned that Target clothes in his size are huge. Weird. Will go top speed: 5 min mail; 10 min clothes. Make it a game.