Home & Garden 15 minutes a day to declutter club

Way to go everyone. I think my goal is the mail basket, where I also keep receipts. I need to find two receipts. I also need to sort ds7's school clothes. Learned that Target clothes in his size are huge. Weird. Will go top speed: 5 min mail; 10 min clothes. Make it a game.

1. Storage room (very slow but steady): pulled five items to give away and one that fits ds7 now.
  2. Mail basket
  3. Ds's coloring desk sorted, too.

I spent 15 minutes today on papers still. I think it'll easily be 15"/day for the rest of 2013 because I hit a significant pile of papers now that I have to convert to electronic records. I'll sort out the ones I can toss, but I know there will be many that I can't just throw in the shredder and that I'll have to scan.

Today's task will be to declutter my dining room table and laundry closet. I got my table about half clear yesterday, but I want it clear and polished before I go to bed. The laundry closet won't take long, I've just been allowing delicates to accumulate and need to finally run a delicate load.

I find that posting about decluttering before I actually do it helps to motivate me when I get home from work. I told the internet I was going to do it, now I need to do it, lol!

Most of what I've been doing so far is just putting stuff in its rightful place rather than actually getting rid of stuff. I'm going to work on a plan for getting rid of stuff over the weekend.

I got through the laundry closet decluttering last night, but my table is still woefully buried. I'm going to work on that tomorrow. Today I don't get home from work until almost 10 PM, and I got in the office at 9 AM. I'm going to declutter some files in my office for my 15 min today, because I won't be able to do much of anything at home!

I continued to clean out the kitchen storage, some porcelain and metal. I think I'll drive to the recycling station with this on my 15 minutes tomorrow. (we have recycling just outside the house but it's just for paper, plastics and garbage)

I'm in. I usually do my household chores a little each each as I definatly get overwhelmed. Last night I did go through receipts and mail on the kitchen table. I really need to get my bookshelves in order.

Today, I need to buckle down and do the little shelves that house the car keys, textbooks, and lots of what-not that comes in and out of the house. I set my purse on the floor (blasphemy, I know) right next to this area.

I sorted through some more papers today again. My posts on this thread are boring because I just try to go through papers, but I still like reading everyone else's progress.

I sorted through some more papers today again. My posts on this thread are boring because I just try to go through papers, but I still like reading everyone else's progress.

I struggle most with paper (and second with Littlest's toys.) Your posts encourage me a lot! Please keep sharing your diligence.

Today, I need to buckle down and do the little shelves that house the car keys, textbooks, and lots of what-not that comes in and out of the house. I set my purse on the floor (blasphemy, I know) right next to this area.

I spent 15 minutes here and quit. There is stuff ALL over the diningroom floor, but I made good progress. Reshelved things I use for my job and things for ds7's school where I volunteer a lot, too. Two more tiny shelves left to fill and lots of paper to sorts, still. Cannot believe how much stuff I had shoved in there.

This area is taking more time than expected but also yielding more rewards. I've found a bunch of coupons I've collected that are perfectly timed for Saturday's back to school shopping with my teen (I'm allowing him to manage his own budget and want to toss in the coupons and discounts to show him why that detail matters). :tup:

Finish tomorrow.

I spent 15 minutes here and quit. There is stuff ALL over the diningroom floor, but I made good progress. Reshelved things I use for my job and things for ds7's school where I volunteer a lot, too. Two more tiny shelves left to fill and lots of paper to sorts, still. Cannot believe how much stuff I had shoved in there.

This area is taking more time than expected but also yielding more rewards. I've found a bunch of coupons I've collected that are perfectly timed for Saturday's back to school shopping with my teen (I'm allowing him to manage his own budget and want to toss in the coupons and discounts to show him why that detail matters). :tup:

Finish tomorrow.

^That's great progress!

I've packed the car for going to the recycling station after work (pic). I can't believe I saved these cast iron pots I got from grandma all these years and never used them :rolleyes: Perhaps I could have donated some of it.

IMG_1233.JPG

Wow, great job, Elliespurse!

I stayed home this morning and did quite a bit of cleaning, but no decluttering yet. I'll work on that after work this evening. Still, feels good to have done some much needed cleaning.