Chanel Pre-Fall 2013!

J...please let us know how the trunk show goes! Not sure which coast you are on ;)

Just got back! I was able to see Boy Enchained and Boy Brick and Boy Reverso. Boy Brick is my favorite of the bunch. I saw the larger size in blue for $4700. It is a great crossbody bag! It is lambskin with a quilted back pocket. The interior is fabric lined. The front has a plexiglass plate with large silver CCs and silver squares. This is the lamb version of the Lego clutches. It is perfect crossbody length and the capacity is probably slightly larger than a mini. It is rectangular in shape. NM ordered blue, dark red, and ivory I believe. There are also little cubes with CCs on them interspersed throughout the chain. Great little details! It is a bit heavy though due to the hardware and plate on the front of the bag.

I also saw the Boy Enchained in both large and Jumbo and calfskin and tweed. The large in calfskin is not too heavy, but the tweed version is heavier and bulkier and the Jumbo version is definitely heavy with the chains. It is a great bag! It has a very rocker chic vibe to it so it is not necessarily for every day or every outfit but I love the look. It is fabric lined. The interior has one large center pocket and also very slim sections at the front and back of the center pocket that could be used for a phone or receipts or other small items. It is almost like the Chanel 3 in that there are three interior sections all of the same height, but the middle section is large and the front and back are very thin. I hope that makes sense. It is hard to describe. Of course, no outside back pocket. I wish the Boys had an outside back pocket!

I also saw the Boy Reverso and Boy Gentle. IMO the downside of all of these new softer Boys, including the Boy Enchained, is that they will lose their shape over time. The tops of the bags already sort of dip in the center from the weight and pulling of the chains and this is even on the Gentle and Reverso. I don't think it is as noticeable on the Boy Enchained because of the chains, but it is super noticeable on the Boy Reverso. So I think I have ruled out the Boy Reverso for that reason. I will probably get the Boy Brick in either blue or dark red and the Boy Enchained in the large size in calfskin.

I also saw a nice Navy Caviar Reissue 227 with GHW. I love the GHW but still don't know how I feel about Reissues in caviar. I prefer the distressed calf. Also, this shade of navy is almost identical to a navy Jumbo I bought a few seasons ago.

There were other collections there but I did not try them as I was most interested in Boys and Reissues.

There is also a Boy Brick cuff coming in strass which I put myself down for and some chain bracelets that look nice. I was able to try the Boy Brick cuff in tweed and it is really cool! It was shown on the runway.

That is all I can remember! I hope it is helpful!

Just got back! I was able to see Boy Enchained and Boy Brick and Boy Reverso. Boy Brick is my favorite of the bunch. I saw the larger size in blue for $4700. It is a great crossbody bag! It is lambskin with a quilted back pocket. The interior is fabric lined. The front has a plexiglass plate with large silver CCs and silver squares. This is the lamb version of the Lego clutches. It is perfect crossbody length and the capacity is probably slightly larger than a mini. It is rectangular in shape. NM ordered blue, dark red, and ivory I believe. There are also little cubes with CCs on them interspersed throughout the chain. Great little details! It is a bit heavy though due to the hardware and plate on the front of the bag.

I also saw the Boy Enchained in both large and Jumbo and calfskin and tweed. The large in calfskin is not too heavy, but the tweed version is heavier and bulkier and the Jumbo version is definitely heavy with the chains. It is a great bag! It has a very rocker chic vibe to it so it is not necessarily for every day or every outfit but I love the look. It is fabric lined. The interior has one large center pocket and also very slim sections at the front and back of the center pocket that could be used for a phone or receipts or other small items. It is almost like the Chanel 3 in that there are three interior sections all of the same height, but the middle section is large and the front and back are very thin. I hope that makes sense. It is hard to describe. Of course, no outside back pocket. I wish the Boys had an outside back pocket!

I also saw the Boy Reverso and Boy Gentle. IMO the downside of all of these new softer Boys, including the Boy Enchained, is that they will lose their shape over time. The tops of the bags already sort of dip in the center from the weight and pulling of the chains and this is even on the Gentle and Reverso. I don't think it is as noticeable on the Boy Enchained because of the chains, but it is super noticeable on the Boy Reverso. So I think I have ruled out the Boy Reverso for that reason. I will probably get the Boy Brick in either blue or dark red and the Boy Enchained in the large size in calfskin.

I also saw a nice Navy Caviar Reissue 227 with GHW. I love the GHW but still don't know how I feel about Reissues in caviar. I prefer the distressed calf. Also, this shade of navy is almost identical to a navy Jumbo I bought a few seasons ago.

There were other collections there but I did not try them as I was most interested in Boys and Reissues.

There is also a Boy Brick cuff coming in strass which I put myself down for and some chain bracelets that look nice. I was able to try the Boy Brick cuff in tweed and it is really cool! It was shown on the runway.

Did you by any chance see the dark grey 227 reissue, and if so what did you think of the grey? TIA!!!

Thank you! I am always concerned about execution. I will need to see the enchained IRL to see if the sag will bother me. Rocker chic is right up my alley tho....

Thank you! I am always concerned about execution. I will need to see the enchained IRL to see if the sag will bother me. Rocker chic is right up my alley tho....

No problem! I don't think the sag will bother me on the Enchained because I feel like the chains will pretty much hide it. On the Reverso or Gentle, though, it would bother me.

Keep in mind that I saw samples which have probably been handled a lot, but I think that regular usage, especially when stuffed with wallets, keys, etc. will cause these bags to lose their shape. The bottoms will probably sag a bit as well. They are just very soft and unsrtructured which is fine as long as anyone who buys them realizes that the shape will not be rigid and unchanging.

Thank you so much for taking time to write a detail description of your preview experience. I had high hopes for boy enchained to be leather lined :sad:. I think fabric lining going to bother me for the price it cost almost price of classic maxi. I'm going to hold on to my wallet until I see this bag IRL but excitement kind of been drifted, maybe it's a good thing :smile:
Anyway thank a lot G&SMOMMY for your input, I sincerely appreciate it!!

Thank you so much for taking time to write a detail description of your preview experience. I had high hopes for boy enchained to be leather lined :sad:. I think fabric lining going to bother me for the price it cost almost price of classic maxi. I'm going to hold on to my wallet until I see this bag IRL but excitement kind of been drifted, maybe it's a good thing :smile:
Anyway thank a lot G&SMOMMY for your input, I sincerely appreciate it!!

Happy to help! There is really no comparison between the Boy Enchained and a Jumbo. The Boy Enchained is definitely a fashion bag. Very rocker chic as I said. I see it as a fun addition to my collection since I feel satisfied with my classics. Obviously, a Jumbo is a true classic and, in most cases (barring some issues with fabrics we have seen over the last few seasons), more structured, durable, and well made. Not to say that the Boy Enchained is poorly made, it is just an unstructured bag (intentionally) and more of a fashion look if that makes sense. I really love how different it is and I have always loved Chanel for the chains. I love the chain detail on other items too, such as shoes and costume jewelry. So, for anyone who loves chains, this is definitely a bag to consider!

Thank you for your detailed spy notes, G&S! I definitely will not get the softer Boys then, if sagging is almost guaranteed. I personally find that the rigid structure is perfect for the edgy style of the boys. Now I just have to save up and hope the older style is still around when I'm ready to buy. :smile:

I totally agree about the Reverso...but I just love that grey color so I may still take the plunge on the medium reverso. That said, did you see the ombré Boy? What did you think of it? I kinda liked it....and it is more structured...

Thank you for your detailed spy notes, G&S! I definitely will not get the softer Boys then, if sagging is almost guaranteed. I personally find that the rigid structure is perfect for the edgy style of the boys. Now I just have to save up and hope the older style is still around when I'm ready to buy. :smile:

Unfortunately I do think sagging is inevitable. These bags are really unstructured. The weight of any items will pull it down and cause it to sag, especially over time.