Help me decide on my first Chanel!

bakdfk

Mar 7, 2010
I am going to purchase my first Chanel bag, my budget is under $3000. I am considering the PST in black with SH or the French Riviera small flap in black. Any thoughts/recommendations from all you experts!

Give some thought to the GST it's a fabulous bag - holds a lot still looks classic and comes in several colors . I use mine at least 4 times a week. I had her since last October and she sill looks great - go check out the Thread for GST lovers. Last I checked it was 2900 USD. However if you find yourself In Paris it's 1790 euros (plus the VAT refund)- which translates to about 2300 USD - so significant savings. You can find prices on the international shopping thread.

Good luck!

SB

1) Gst classic look value for money
2) French riviera , resemble classic flap, light weight, love the silver hardware,good seasonal buy
3) Cc crave, classic with a twist, edgy

Hi, can someone help me.. I m considering should I buy jumbo or a medium flap.. I am using it on a daily basic and I am also going to get a classic caviar black woc.. I need to advice badly because my boss coming bk from uk n she is getting them for me.. Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi, can someone help me.. I m considering should I buy jumbo or a medium flap.. I am using it on a daily basic and I am also going to get a classic caviar black woc.. I need to advice badly because my boss coming bk from uk n she is getting them for me.. Thanks in advance :smile:

If you are using it on a daily basis.. I would get a jumbo. It holds alot more than a m/l.

I'm also contemplating if i have to exchange my new black jumbo classic caviar flap with gold hardware to a silver hardware...should i exchange it or keep it? Which hardware looks better?most of my other non-chanel purses are in gold hardware...but i feel black with gold hardware is more iconic. Cant decide :sad:

I'm also contemplating if i have to exchange my new black jumbo classic caviar flap with gold hardware to a silver hardware...should i exchange it or keep it? Which hardware looks better?most of my other non-chanel purses are in gold hardware...but i feel black with gold hardware is more iconic. Cant decide :sad:

I thinks it depends on your style of dress. I am a blue jean kind of gal so my jumbo flap is shw. Just seems a little more casual. I have a black reissue 226 with ghw and I have carried 2 times and that was to an event. Just looks dressier to me. Both are beautiful! Probably not much help:smile: