Help me decide on my first Chanel!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am going to purchase my first Chanel bag, my budget is under $3000. I am considering the PST in black with SH or the French Riviera small flap in black. Any thoughts/recommendations from all you experts!

2. You can think about easy caviar flap, pre fall2013 mini classic.

3. Give some thought to the GST it's a fabulous bag - holds a lot still looks classic and comes in several colors . I use mine at least 4 times a week. I had her since last October and she sill looks great - go check out the Thread for GST lovers. Last I checked it was 2900 USD. However if you find yourself In Paris it's 1790 euros (plus the VAT refund)- which translates to about 2300 USD - so significant savings. You can find prices on the international shopping thread.

Good luck!

SB

4. 1) Gst classic look value for money
    2) French riviera , resemble classic flap, light weight, love the silver hardware,good seasonal buy
    3) Cc crave, classic with a twist, edgy

5. I agree GST. Since its a classic or a mini classic flap. The WOC are nice too :smile: I tend to lean with classics because it last forever and maintains value.

6. Hi, can someone help me.. I m considering should I buy jumbo or a medium flap.. I am using it on a daily basic and I am also going to get a classic caviar black woc.. I need to advice badly because my boss coming bk from uk n she is getting them for me.. Thanks in advance :smile:

7. If you are using it on a daily basis.. I would get a jumbo. It holds alot more than a m/l.

8. Thanks ;) I shall text my boss to get a jumbo for me then :smile:

9. Thanks ashin121 for ur advice, I gotten this jumbo ;)

Attached Files:

10. beautiful!

11. You can buy jumbo for daily

12. :woohoo: beautiful!:tup:

13. Definitely.. I'm also in the same boat.. and leaning towards a classic... Question for the expert.. how long dose it take for the puffyness deflate?

14. I'm also contemplating if i have to exchange my new black jumbo classic caviar flap with gold hardware to a silver hardware...should i exchange it or keep it? Which hardware looks better?most of my other non-chanel purses are in gold hardware...but i feel black with gold hardware is more iconic. Cant decide :sad:

15. I thinks it depends on your style of dress. I am a blue jean kind of gal so my jumbo flap is shw. Just seems a little more casual. I have a black reissue 226 with ghw and I have carried 2 times and that was to an event. Just looks dressier to me. Both are beautiful! Probably not much help:smile: