Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C U T E ...and my size. I have never heard of the brand Dusica Dusica. Made in Italy. Found some comparable sandals in the $300- $400 range online. SCORE! I am loving these. I got them at the Consignment Store around the block. $24.

Attachments

• DSCN7147.jpg
    DSCN7147.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 419
C U T E ...and my size. I have never heard of the brand Dusica Dusica. Made in Italy. Found some comparable sandals in the $300- $400 range online. SCORE! I am loving these. I got them at the Consignment Store around the block. $24.
I love them! I love a sandal without too much leather. It's like the naked sandal for Summer.

Speaking of broken flip flops I went back to the site of the denial and found ... sure enough ... a massive bottle of Sortilege De La Galion perfume. Probably 2oz ... unused and pristine for 80 cents .. it looks like this ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintag...rue&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_395wt_889

This perfume smells amaziiiing on me and is one of my favorites.

It's supposedly in the Chanel No. 5 Family but since Chanel No. 5 and I never have seen eye to eye, to me, it's better.

http://www.thenonblonde.com/2010/01/le-galion-sortilege-vintage-parfum-de.html#.UblIm1rn9hg

This is a review of Sortilege De La Galion ...

Now I own two bottles of it. And she's right, the Non-Blonde when she says the dry down is dirty. Love it. I have a gorgeous old Chanel No. 5 bottle that is in my medicine cabinet and it mocks me.

I also got OPI Rocky Mountain Rose which is so old I am not even sure which collection is it from. Maybe it's like ... OPI's Red Hot Hamburg. Or as I like to call it ... OPI Red Hot ---->
Hambur(ger)

I got a silk blazer by David Hayes, Emanuelle Khauhn made in France and looks again like a Revolutionary War soldier lost in in the 80's somehow. A Time Machine and Michael J.Fox were there. ... and an Adrienne Arperell blazer with this amazing collar ... all three amazing and all $2 each. EVer buy stuff and think ... "I bet this all belonged to the same lady ... in the 80's" ... awesome ....

I also got some really old graph paper that looks like it's been in it's package since 1953 ...

Yay!! Score on the vintage perfume!! I LOVE that older perfumes were sold in such enormous bottles!! Another thing they just don't do like they used to...

I'm beginning to wonder if our thrift stores donate foo-foo to women's shelters. It's been ages since I've seen any. And OF COURSE, I'm okay with them donating to gals in need. Whatever gives one a pick-me-up :smile:

Hehe! When thrifting like pieces I often dream up stories of the person who owned them! And eighties clothes are especially fun! I always picture the Golden Girls, lol. They rocked so hard!

And Laz, not to bring it up again, but I feel for you. Wish I could bring you a fuzzy, heavy blanket and some hot tea. Do you take lemon?

:heart:

I'll never, EVER understand the senseless violence. I mean, don't get me wrong, I most certainly like animals more than most people, but... Nope, I still can't fathom it. I wish mental health wasn't such a taboo topic in America. I truly believe it all starts there. And not to sound harsh, but if you're tortured why not just take your own life and be done with it? Oy, that sounds harsh, but I hope you know what I mean :heart:

*biggest hugs around*

Status
Not open for further replies.