BONANZA.COM is cracking down on deals done outside of BNZ

I find Bonz very reasonable. i just wish more people shopped there!

ITA!!!

I have no issue with Bonz seller fees. I think they run a good marketplace but perhaps their marketing of that marketplace could be improved.

While it's great to see such support for Bonanza in here I'm wondering - how much recognition does Bonz have in the wider community in the US? In Canada & Britain?
I'm in Australia and over the last couple of years I've mentioned Bonz to quite a few people who often use Ebay and no one has ever heard of Bonanza.

ITA!!!

I have no issue with Bonz seller fees. I think they run a good marketplace but perhaps their marketing of that marketplace could be improved.

While it's great to see such support for Bonanza in here I'm wondering - how much recognition does Bonz have in the wider community in the US? In Canada & Britain?
I'm in Australia and over the last couple of years I've mentioned Bonz to quite a few people who often use Ebay and no one has ever heard of Bonanza.

Bonanza does well in the list of all online selling places, even though it's not as well known as ebay and Amazon. It is more known than many of the other online selling sites which sell internationally (I just recently took part in a survey about all online selling sites, so I saw the results when the surveys were all in).

That said, it certainly has a long way to go (and many years) to compare to the big players, even if you think about them when they were just getting started. One way to make sure that happens is to pay the fees (which are reasonable) and to keep the transactions on the site, as well as to spread the word. Once upon a time, nobody had heard of ebay either.

I LOVE Bonanza. Shame on anyone ripping them off. And I agree, if you are found to be cheating Bonz, then they should be banned. Wham just like that. To the people that rip off Bonanza to save 5 dollars - what do you see when you look in the mirror? You may have pretty bags, but you are an ugly person inside. And sooner or later, the ugly comes to the surface.

I found a listing for something I think jewelry, and he had a link to see more pieces. I clicked the link and it took me to his Ebay Store. I wrote to Bonanza and reported it, and I got a very nice email back, saying thanks, but right now we can't do anything. They said they were working on changing the rules of linking, but they just hoped I and other Bonanzers wouldn't buy from his link on Ebay, and they appreciate their members, and thanked me for looking out for them.

Can you imagine the coconuts of someone to directly link to their ebay store from Bonanza?

That's another way of ripping off Bonz. And I don't like it. I shop Bonanza first. And if I see something on Ebay, I check to see if it' s also on Bonanza. And then I buy from the Bonanza site.

This happened to me but it was the buyer who suggested going off the site. Bonanaza suspended both of our accounts just based on the email. I had to promise not to conduct business outside of bonanza (which I hadn't) and they said if it happened again I would be removed from the site. I'm like can you tell me what I did and they had no answer! Just the email from the buyer was enough to be suspended. I was freaking out because I love bonanza, the buyers over there are more sane and my items sell pretty quickly with a few things selling within hours of being posted! And the lower fees are awesome.

So yes, do not conduct business outside of Bonanza, if a buyer suggests it and you value your account don't even respond!

ITA!!!

I also never heard of Bonz until I read about it here, on the TPF eBay forum... then I signed up.

I have buyers on eBay messaging me to sell off eBay or to lower the price and I tell them the item they are interested in is also up for sale on Bonz and it's easier to negotiate price there... the buyers have never heard of Bonz and never migrate there, even though they tell me they will look into it.

I also never heard of Bonz until I read about it here, on the TPF eBay forum... then I signed up.

I have buyers on eBay messaging me to sell off eBay or to lower the price and I tell them the item they are interested in is also up for sale on Bonz and it's easier to negotiate price there... the buyers have never heard of Bonz and never migrate there, even though they tell me they will look into it.

Same here. After their initial chiseling offer not one person wanted to save $$$ by buying the item at discount on Bonz. I sold exactly one item a year there so I just threw in the towel.

Same here. After their initial chiseling offer not one person wanted to save $$$ by buying the item at discount on Bonz. I sold exactly one item a year there so I just threw in the towel.

My stuff sells really quickly on bonanza. But I'm selling purses and I'm certain all my buyers are on TPF. I never heard of bonanza before TPF.

It doesn't seem like they do much advertising and maybe that's part of the reason the fees are lower and they have less traffic...

Bonanza is a wonderful selling venue! The most friendly people ever. Support is excellent (real people)! I would never think of paying any way to get out of fees. I usually use my tokens to pay my fees. So, why would anyone want to cheat them. Makes no since. I have purchased more than I have sold and a lot of the people are my friends, but I do not cheat Bonanza of their fees! I am a 4 year member and do feel that people who cheat need to be booted off the site. Some people really take the cake. Irks me to no end!!!!!! Jan:cool:

Ugh, I just had someone post a message asking me to take my item directly to paypal off the Bonanza site. I refused, and told them that i will not take any sale off Bonanza. I really don't think this is a fair thing to ask of a seller.

more seller does take advantage of bonanza because they think its not as tightly "secured" as ebay. I made 3 purchases there on one day from 3 different sellers, one item was fake, one eventually refunded after I did not receive the wallet in a month and had to escalade thru paypal, the third try to pull "I accept your offer by mistake" and tried to get me to mail 5 dollars (yes 5...) in a card, in the mail! and then I decided to take a break = =| wonderful platform, very user friendly. shame on these ppl causing problems

more seller does take advantage of bonanza because they think its not as tightly "secured" as ebay. I made 3 purchases there on one day from 3 different sellers, one item was fake, one eventually refunded after I did not receive the wallet in a month and had to escalade thru paypal, the third try to pull "I accept your offer by mistake" and tried to get me to mail 5 dollars (yes 5...) in a card, in the mail! and then I decided to take a break = =| wonderful platform, very user friendly. shame on these ppl causing problems

I hope you reported all of these problems to [email protected]. Sorry that you had to deal with those problems.

I both buy and sell on Bonanza and I have had a few sellers "forget" they had an item listed there and never complete the transaction but for the most part my buying experiences have been great. As for selling I treat my Bonanza sales as important (maybe even more) than those on eBay. It takes more work to give your buyers updates (because everything on eBay is automated these days) but it's not *that* hard.