BONANZA.COM is cracking down on deals done outside of BNZ

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
I know that many diehard collectors have probably shopped and sold on Bonanza.com. Many have listed on BNZ but completed transactions outside of BNZ, agreeing to do a direct invoice through PP or just gifting the money, thus BNZ didn't get their fee for the payment of the item. Happens alot when buyers and sellers become friends and such.

FYI, they are cracking down on that activity, just as eBay has.

eBay's more sophisticated system will immediately stop your internal msg if it has an email address included in the message and give you a warning. You simply won't be able to send that msg unless you remove the email address from the text.

BNZ will allow you to send your message but you will likely get a note from them saying there was a violation of requesting payment outside of BNZ and that you need to respond to the note and that involved accounts are pending suspension.

Just FYI guys.

I know that many diehard collectors have probably shopped and sold on Bonanza.com. Many have listed on BNZ but completed transactions outside of BNZ, agreeing to do a direct invoice through PP or just gifting the money, thus BNZ didn't get their fee for the payment of the item. Happens alot when buyers and sellers become friends and such.

FYI, they are cracking down on that activity, just as eBay has.

eBay's more sophisticated system will immediately stop your internal msg if it has an email address included in the message and give you a warning. You simply won't be able to send that msg unless you remove the email address from the text.

BNZ will allow you to send your message but you will likely get a note from them saying there was a violation of requesting payment outside of BNZ and that you need to respond to the note and that involved accounts are pending suspension.

Just FYI guys.

I thought the whole idea of Bonanza was that the fees were so much less than ebay (even though it's a much lesser known site), so why would people try to stop that site from growing by taking revenue away from them? That would just cause the fees to go even higher...sheesh.

IMO anyone caught trying to avoid their fees should be kicked off. Sellers have pi$$ed and moaned for ages about Ebay's high fees---begging for another site to spring up and steal some of Ebay's thunder. But even that apparently isn't good enough. The fact that people here have to be warned is very disheartening, but sadly not surprising. Now I guess we can all sit back and wait for Bonz to raise their fees as well.

Sellers who do this are the ones that will cause sites like Bonz to increase their low fees and/or shut down. I have bought from friends who list on Bonz. If I find it on Bonz, I buy through there. If someone I have bought from previously contacts me to let me know they have something I might like, that is different.
Heck, with their token system, I generally don't pay fees on items I sell on there. lol I am strictly small time. :smile:
I like Bonz and would hate to see it close down.

Even though Bonz has raised fees, the FVF now ranging from from 3.5% to about 7% (depending on the level of optional promotion the seller opts for), is still w-a-a-a-y less to sell on Bonz than on ebay and I'd hate to see Bonz go under.

Buyers who find items and sellers who sell items on Bonz should give Bonz its due.

If you don't opt in for Google ads the fvf on Bonz is still 3.5% (+ the PayPal / Amazon / Google Wallet fee, of course). And for items over $500 it's even less than that ($17.50 + 1.5% of the amount over $500), so say you sell a Bal for $1500 or on Bonanza, you end up paying only $32.50 in final value fees. That's not very much, considering. And it goes to support Bonanza's existence.

I hope that they will suspend the accounts instead of raising rates. Bonanza came to be as an alternative of ebay, and they will never be able to survive and grow if people use their platform to advertise but take the transaction off to private. Too many places are tanking, and I for one would not like to see Bonanza join those ranks. Use a service, pay for a service.

I find Bonz very reasonable. i just wish more people shopped there!

Me, too, and I do shop there. I just a couple of weeks ago did my first sale on there; been on the site a year (just buying). It kinda feels more like a community than ebay, so I really would like to see it succeed. Since the fees are so much less than ebay, I see no reason to take sales off the site; I thought that was why people do it on ebay, to lessen the fees. But I hear when people want to go off ebay that buyers expect a lesser price, since they know you save fees. I've had people ask and I just won't do it. I am not a big seller, only selling stuff I have that I need to clear out from my home.

Bonanza will end up raising their fees because of the sellers that rip them off, and you can't blame Bonanza (even though some will). Then those same sellers will b!tch and moan about the raised fees when they are the ones that caused it.

I have done all my buying & selling on Bonanza since 2010. About 90 transactions all successful. It does feel like a community there. I always pay fees, never go off Bonanza to complete transaction - I feel like the fees are quite low. I have bought on ebay but never sold there.

I try to always start a listing on BNZ but if it doesn't generate enough volume of views, I have to take it to ebay. I wish more people shopped on BNZ too. Fees are so much more reasonable. eBay is such a rip off