Just bought the Speedy Damier Azur 30...now realize it has cloth tag

Instead of all this wondering, why doesn't someone here on TPF, call up LV in France and ask all these questions about tags, and where things are really made? I would, but I just don't care all that much. I'm typing here on my China made Mac, wearing Old Navy PJ's from India, eating strawberries from Chile. And I'm in Canada! I'm surprised my bag didn't come from the Moon!
:roflmfao: Agree!

Sorry but I just don't get what the big deal is with the cloth tags. It's STILL LV, for goodness' sake. I find it a bit nitpicky to return a bag over such a minor detail. Also, I find it rather insulting that some equate the cloth tag/made in USA with lesser quality. As if LV has some bags that are made to be lesser quality than others! Absurd! Frankly, but respectfully, I say keep the bag and concern yourself with more important things.:shrugs:

If made in France bags all start getting the cloth tags only, would you all the sudden stop purchasing LV altogether?

At the end of the day, are you buying the bag, or a tag?! The feigned supremacy of these MIF bags is getting pretty stale.

FWP. *shakeshead* :Push:

Nor I however we are all different and have our own thoughts so I can empathise with the OP but vim with you on my personal thought of it.

I'd rather have a cloth tag in my bag than no bag Tehe :biggrin:

Yes lol! But I was like that in the beginning when I saw all the hype. Now most bag I own has a cloth tag (3 out of 5).. I never even see the tag? LOL well, OP I hope you didn't take it back, love your bag!!

I am in the same dilemma as OP. I just bought a speedy emp and it has a cloth tag. However, I cannot seem to find a one without the cloth tag. The cloth tag itself does not bother me that much but the only concern is with the quality as many have posted that those with the cloth tags seem to have more quality issues. I wonder how many of you with the empreinte leather have a cloth tag. Is that the "norm"? I am wondering if I should return the bag cos I wouldn't want to have problems with the bag after a few months of use.

Also, there are 2 crease lines on the leather of the bag. I wonder if this is normal or it will go away after use? (sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread but I do not know where else to pose this qn).

I was looking to purchase a vernis alma gm in either amarante or pomme and the moment i saw the cloth tag inside it really just turned me off. I didn't think the cloth would annoy me but somehow it does - it just looks wrong in the alma and I remember thinking that it was in a pretty obvious place imo when you unzipped the bag. anyways, I didn't end up buying it for that reason and some others (concerning the appropriateness of it for my age/how much wear I would get out of it) and got my celine phantom instead.

However if I had purchased the alma already I probably would have just dealt with it and wouldn't return it

I have resigned myself to the fact that its "cloth tag or no bag". I'm okay with it. I still spent close to $900 on the bag which makes my bag just as prestigious as any MIF bag...hey we all put our pants on one leg at a time right? However, I must agree that the speedy leather tag looks bare...maybe they will heat stamp initials there? That would be a good fix for me but I'm easy to pleasy hehe!

I'm going to assume that the same materials are being used in France to produce bags as are being used in USA. Therefore, if canvas is being outsourced for US it's also being outsourced for France. And, if the imported canvas truly is from China or India (not France as I was told when I asked a SA), who is to say that luxury materials can't be produced in China or India? Please stop and think of the rich histories of these countries and the craftsmen who have been crafting goods (and luxury textiles for that matter) for thousands of years.

I'm going to assume that the same materials are being used in France to produce bags as are being used in USA. Therefore, if canvas is being outsourced for US it's also being outsourced for France. And, if the imported canvas truly is from China or India (not France as I was told when I asked a SA), who is to say that luxury materials can't be produced in China or India? Please stop and think of the rich histories of these countries and the craftsmen who have been crafting goods (and luxury textiles for that matter) for thousands of years.

Wait...is the canvas not made in France? I am kind of against having my $1000 bag made with Chinese canvas...nothing against the Chinese I just have a problem with their quality standards

Wait...is the canvas not made in France? I am kind of against having my $1000 bag made with Chinese canvas...nothing against the Chinese I just have a problem with their quality standards

It's a rumor. I called and asked a SA and she told me that the canvas is imported from France, so I'm inclined to believe her, but as with any internet forum it's hard to suss out rumor from fact.

I was looking to purchase a vernis alma gm in either amarante or pomme and the moment i saw the cloth tag inside it really just turned me off. I didn't think the cloth would annoy me but somehow it does - it just looks wrong in the alma and I remember thinking that it was in a pretty obvious place imo when you unzipped the bag.

In general the cloth tag does not bother me. HOWEVER, when I was looking into purchasing a Vernis Alma GM (RF) I went to several boutiques and they were all MIUSA. For an Alma I do prefer MIF, my other two are. Bottom line it is an individual preference.