To keep or return?(chipped hardware on Chocolate Pad Tote)

LaBoheme

J'ai deux amours...
O.G.
May 20, 2006
Arrgh!! I've wanted one of these forever and an angel here told me she saw it and I ordered it. Thanks to you if you're reading!

Hwvr, when i examined the bag, i noticed that this part of the hardware is chipped(to left of X in pic below)

e9fd5fc8.jpg

a better(?) pic of chipped stud thingy

e9fe0c01.jpg

a few more pics..waah! I don't know whether to keep it or not.:shrugs: I feel like it should be perfect but OTOH, I've looked for a chocolate in this style for so long.
e9fe0e0d.jpg

e9fe0e6b.jpg

my husband reluctantly holding the bag for me:P

e9fe0dab.jpg

my mom said that same thing... LOL..everyone's tired of me stalking & obsessing over this bag.

:hysteric:

To be honest, there is absolutely nothing you can do to protect the hardware. The sheer weight of the padlock against the other parts, shows wear really quickly, no matter how careful you think you are.

Ditto to the above . . . all of mine have a little ding or some finish lifting here or there and I honestly never give it a thought anymore, I don't think it detracts from the amazing colors and leathers of these bags.

Part of the beauty of the paddy is that it just gets better with wear, IMHO.

The choco is prone to scuffing in the corners too, so be prepared for that. I think it's because the leather is so incredibly soft and supple.

But again, it gets that vintage broken-in look that I love. :heart: