Chemical smell?

sugna said:
Maybe you can see the colour from these as well, very hard to capture.
So you can see with the flap closed it doesn't look too bad, but with it open you can see that the leather is more puckered or wrinkled in one place in particular. When I carry it it's more obvious because the underneath leather definitely looks different from the top.

That's also my new scarf, snowball blurry bloom print :biggrin:

The large lily really suits you! Looks infinitely better than my black one did on me. I think it's a gorgeous bag.

Maybe you can see the colour from these as well, very hard to capture.
So you can see with the flap closed it doesn't look too bad, but with it open you can see that the leather is more puckered or wrinkled in one place in particular. When I carry it it's more obvious because the underneath leather definitely looks different from the top.

That's also my new scarf, snowball blurry bloom print :biggrin:

I honestly think it's fine and the creases will naturally fall. I really love this leather too, especially the way it twinkles on the first picture. Divine :love:

I honestly think it's fine and the creases will naturally fall. I really love this leather too, especially the way it twinkles on the first picture. Divine :love:

Hope so, had to send my OS Alexa to repairs a couple of weeks ago and then I returned a parcel to M.com today...and to be honest I can't be bothered having the hassle just now. Going to think about it tonight.

sugna said:
The smell is troubling...would love to hear if anyone else had a similar experience, or if any of you would go and have a good old sniff of a snowball white patent bag now :P

Might phone the SA from yesterday and ask her opinion on the smell.

!

Plemont's customer research service to the rescue! Yes, I was the mad woman sniffing snowball white bags in the Bond Street store today. I couldn't actually pick up a chemical smell so maybe it reduces once the bag is out in the open air? Having said that, I didn't get a leather smell either

(ps I didn't put my head right in the bag and have a good snorty sniff, I didn't dare!)

(pps I quite liked the white colour)

Plemont said:
Plemont's customer research service to the rescue! Yes, I was the mad woman sniffing snowball white bags in the Bond Street store today. I couldn't actually pick up a chemical smell so maybe it reduces once the bag is out in the open air? Having said that, I didn't get a leather smell either

(ps I didn't put my head right in the bag and have a good snorty sniff, I didn't dare!)

Heeheeheehee this did make me giggle- can just imagine you sniffing madly away!

I'm going to Trafford Centre tomorrow so if I see any in Selfridges I will have a sniff too. :cool:

Hahahahaha so funny, thank you for your very attentive research!!

You could be right that the smell will fade in time, we will see.

It is a lovely colour, but not white so I can see why there would be surprise if you had ordered without seeing IRL first.

I'm going to Trafford Centre tomorrow so if I see any in Selfridges I will have a sniff too.

Thank you!! The more verdicts the better!!

Oh Plemont that made me laugh, LOTS!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I've bought the Large Lily in Snowball white (I love the colour/shape/style) BUT I've already had to query it with Mulberry because although it was the best they had it is quite wrinkly/puckered/stretched on one section and I'm really concerned about how it will age. The other thing that I hadn't noticed in the store was the smell...it smells weird! Very chemical and no smell of leather at all. Is that because of the treatment of the leather to get the grainy patent effect, or is it just wrong.

I love it, but I don't what a flawed bag either. I phoned CS and she said that i need to email photos and information in, but it will be a few days before i hear back because they have been inundated with emails.

I need to point out that I can't just give it back and get another one online because it was bought with vouchers and they don't have another better one in the store.

Any suggestions?

Was in Selfridges in London today and they have one there x

Mad woman warning whispers among the SA's. :biggrin: ! Think about what joy you brought to the SA's ( if they saw your odd behavior)and then they did have something to talk about the rest of the day! :roflmfao: