YSL Cabas Chyc or Prada Saffiano Lux Tote?

juicy_girl

purse addict
O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
Hey everyone! I really need some opinions on a potential new bag purchase! I don't have either of these brands so I don't know which one has better quality. Does anyone have both? What is your preference? I really want a pop of color and I don't have a red bag in my collection yet. I like the strap option for the prada. I was looking into the BN 2274 or the Medium Cabas Chyc. This one doesn't have a strap correct? Would love to hear your thoughts! TIA :smile:

Attachments

• 2274.jpg
    2274.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 9,175
  • yves-saint-laurent-netaporter-bags-mini-cabas-chyc-leather-tote.jpg
    yves-saint-laurent-netaporter-bags-mini-cabas-chyc-leather-tote.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 5,995
I have recently bought the YSL cabas chyc in medium it's gorgeous but i should have gotten the smaller one with the strap. The medium looks huge for my frame.

I would prefer the prada saffiano luxe tote IMHO.

Hope I didn't confuse you :tup:

I have recently bought the YSL cabas chyc in medium it's gorgeous but i should have gotten the smaller one with the strap. The medium looks huge for my frame.

I would prefer the prada saffiano luxe tote IMHO.

Hope I didn't confuse you :tup:

what's your height? I'm 5'6 so I think mini may be too small? I do like the strap though. Why didn't you get the prada if you liked it better? :P

I'm 5 inches smaller than you:smile: I carry a lot of caboodles in my bag.
I bought it during our holiday.We don't have much YSL bag styles here
but we have a huge Prada store here so I thought to myself, it'll be easier
for me to get the luxe tote here anytime. I agree that the leather for
the Prada is to die for. I hope DH reads this and gets me one for Christmas :smile:
:smooch::smooch:

I'm 5 inches smaller than you:smile: I carry a lot of caboodles in my bag.
I bought it during our holiday.We don't have much YSL bag styles here
but we have a huge Prada store here so I thought to myself, it'll be easier
for me to get the luxe tote here anytime. I agree that the leather for
the Prada is to die for. I hope DH reads this and gets me one for Christmas :smile:
:smooch::smooch:
Do you by chance have a modeling pic with your YSL cabas chyc? I'm the same size as you and am struggling with a decision between the medium and mini size. I tend to carry quite a few things in my bags as well but am worried that the medium will be overkill on my petite frame.

I'm having the same dilemma as you... :sweatdrop:

I want to use the Chyc Cabas or Saffiano tote as a work bag and kind of leaning towards Prada because the design is slightly more timeless/classic...depends what you want to use it for?

I have both, and use both as work bags. I have the Cabas Chyc in medium - I'm 5'2" and the small was too small for me. I'm not a "big bag" girl, but the seemed proportionally off. Prada is more structured, so it can double as a briefcase for me for documents. But the YSL is great as a carryall!

oh my god.
i'm literally in the same confusion with you. i'm struggling choose between YSL chyc cabas and prada saffiano (both in small size). my preference color for YSL is grey and prada in cammeo. both are gorgeous. hoping to get the both. *greedy*

so what's you end up with? @juicy_girl ?

i have both the YSL mini chyc as well as the Prada BN2274. Of the 2, I definitely prefer the Prada for work, it fits a fair bit more than the mini chyc. I also think Prada's saffiano leather is more durable than that of the YSL.

oh my god.
i'm literally in the same confusion with you. i'm struggling choose between YSL chyc cabas and prada saffiano (both in small size). my preference color for YSL is grey and prada in cammeo. both are gorgeous. hoping to get the both. *greedy*

so what's you end up with? @juicy_girl ?

I'm still torn between the two! I'm leaning towards the Prada though. I feel that the material and structure of the bag is classic and it will hold up longer. The YSL is still gorgeous though..Maybe I will get two like you :P