YSL Cabas Chyc or Prada Saffiano Lux Tote?

can anyone who owns Parada saffiano leather vouch for durability of it? I did own a saffiano wallet and I did not like the aging and corner wear...I like real leather as it ages, and YSL is good at that. Similar to Hermes epsom, I can not make myself like it as much as I like soft, warm feeling of rich regular leather...just my two cents

can anyone who owns Parada saffiano leather vouch for durability of it? I did own a saffiano wallet and I did not like the aging and corner wear...I like real leather as it ages, and YSL is good at that. Similar to Hermes epsom, I can not make myself like it as much as I like soft, warm feeling of rich regular leather...just my two cents

Is Saffiano Leather not real leather?? Sorry if this is a dumb question :thinking:

Is Saffiano Leather not real leather?? Sorry if this is a dumb question :thinking:

it is, it is, it is just prepared and glazed somehow ... same with Hermes epsom, I mostly like natural look, but admit that I like YSL bubbly and glazed as well. Saffiano feels to me too plasticy, Epsom feels like a piece of cardboard. Girls who go for durability and easier care are better off with those specially prepared leathers. I react to touch and like softer leather.

I prefer the slouch of the YSL Cabas Chyc as compared to the structured Prada.... but it depends on your own preference really. Something softer and slouchy vs something stiffer and structured. I bring my YSL to work and think it looks ok for the office. Mine's the large size cos I carry a whole tonne of stuff. I'm about 5 ft 5".

Have you considered a medium YSL in textured leather? It's the perfect balance of both! I have a YSL Cabas Chyc medium in red textured leather and its fabulous, but of course I'm partial to my own baby :smile: