Quota Bag Thread

Just speaking from my own experience, I think it really depends on your SA/SM what and how many to offer you. I don't think there is a quota at least at my local store. I got offered 2 K's 3 B's in 3 month time frame- 2 regular K's, and for B, a SO, a croc and a ghillies. And she help me locate a bunch of stuff that I wanted.

Thanks for your input!

Could I ask you;

1. Where you are located?

2. If your store is a franchise or one of those big stores?

3. If you actually bought all these bags that you got offered and when?

I think this policy was introduced around this spring?

Sorry for being a bit off topic but I am interested in the bold bit. I keep hearing about this. My boyfriend and I use his centurion for popular restaurant bookings, getting tickets to popular events (such as football finals or boxing matches) etc but we never tried to ask them to buy a bag for me. Do they really offer that?

No...doesn't work, tried

No...doesn't work, tried

Oh you are the first person in this thread who actually tried!
Thanks for your input!

Nowadays, having black Amex doesn't really mean much I'm sure if my family members have been invited!! Lol
there are so many people who have them now.
When it was first introduced, I guess it was more exclusive??
I think people with Coutts account are rarer than black Amex holders!! Lol

Thanks for your input!

Nowadays, having black Amex doesn't really mean much I'm sure if my family members have been invited!! Lol

You can nominate a few people to be the additional card holders but all bills goes to the main card holder. So it's not that family members have their separate accounts. And additional card holders don't even get statements. It's just additional ways of using the card more. Nothing to do with additional card holders independent financial situation.

My BF banks with Coutts but it's completely different business model from Amex centurion. They also run a concierge service but no where as good as the centurion.

Sorry to be a bit off topic. My sincere apologise. I just want to clarify a few things. I am done. :back2topic:

Thanks for your input!

Trust me...I have tried to abuse my black Amex on a lot of things...some comes through..others no...and Birkin unfortunately is a no. I had my card after graduating from University but it was under my family's account and now I'm under my DH account. Sad but I guess I don't make enough money myself to get invited.

Coutts service is not nearly as good as Centurion. Onces we were is South Africa and needed a service and Amex came through for us. Sorry off topics again.

Oh sorry, what I meant was that my parents, sisters (married), cousins were all invited to upgrade from their platinum although I wouldnt consider them super wealthy or anything! Lol

Yes my husband's family banks with Coutts too but I don't think they have never used their concierge service. I actually didn't know they had concierge service!

Thanks for clarifying my points anyway. ;)

You can nominate a few people to be the additional card holders but all bills goes to the main card holder. So it's not that family members have their separate accounts. And additional card holders don't even get statements. It's just additional ways of using the card more. Nothing to do with additional card holders independent financial situation.

My BF banks with Coutts but it's completely different business model from Amex centurion. They also run a concierge service but no where as good as the centurion.

Sorry to be a bit off topic. My sincere apologise. I just want to clarify a few things. I am done. :back2topic:

Trust me...I have tried to abuse my black Amex on a lot of things...some comes through..others no...and Birkin unfortunately is a no. I had my card after graduating from University but it was under my family's account and now I'm under my DH account. Sad but I guess I don't make enough money myself to get invited.

Coutts service is not nearly as good as Centurion. Onces we were is South Africa and needed a service and Amex came through for us. Sorry off topics again.

Oh interesting to hear.
I know what you mean. Their banking service is not good at all and I don't quite understand why there are many people who want to join them. My husbands family had such bad service so some actually stopped banking with them.

Oh sorry, what I meant was that my parents, sisters (married), cousins were all invited to upgrade from their platinum although I wouldnt consider them super wealthy or anything! Lol

Yes my husband's family banks with Coutts too but I don't think they have never used their concierge service. I actually didn't know they had concierge service!

Thanks for clarifying my points anyway. ;)

Sorry I mis-understood re family members. I think they increased their membership fee in the U.K. by 200% a few years ago and so I heard some people cancelled their cards. Maybe they want to top up their fee revenue by inviting more people. But you are right they are not exclusive or anything. You pay a lot of fee to buy some service. That's what it is about.

Just speaking from my own experience, I think it really depends on your SA/SM what and how many to offer you. I don't think there is a quota at least at my local store. I got offered 2 K's 3 B's in 3 month time frame- 2 regular K's, and for B, a SO, a croc and a ghillies. And she help me locate a bunch of stuff that I wanted.

;) Ita, evietiger. It's not uncommon to hear stories of being offered more than 6 birkins/kellys in a year and there are customers for such. Again, these are the top level ones, do not apply to everybody.

Sorry I mis-understood re family members. I think they increased their membership fee in the U.K. by 200% a few years ago and so I heard some people cancelled their cards. Maybe they want to top up their fee revenue by inviting more people. But you are right they are not exclusive or anything. You pay a lot of fee to buy some service. That's what it is about.

I don't think people get the card to get exclusive....I really love the service. They planned all my private events for me and some at the most hard to reserve restaurants.

All i need to do is give number of people, date, and location. It is really worth the fee. IMO

A salesperson in rue sevres H store in paris this summer told me that they had the one bag per year quota. When I asked whether a Kelly Pochette or Kelly cut counted as one, she said yes, it would be counted towards the quota.

A salesperson in rue sevres H store in paris this summer told me that they had the one bag per year quota. When I asked whether a Kelly Pochette or Kelly cut counted as one, she said yes, it would be counted towards the quota.

Interesting. So it is definitely one bag per year for a walk-in at FSH (I presume you are? Or are you one of their known customers?)

I'm hoping to get a bag in Paris next January and if I ever score one (which is very unlikely as it has always been unsuccessful for the last 20 years since I was a teenager!!), I wonder if the quota is only for Paris or it will affect the quota at my local sore, too...?

Last edited:
;) Ita, evietiger. It's not uncommon to hear stories of being offered more than 6 birkins/kellys in a year and there are customers for such. Again, these are the top level ones, do not apply to everybody.

Thank you for your input!

I am aware that there are customers like that ( look at Jamie Chua) and there are always exceptions to the rule but what I am wondering here is the "official" rule which should affect the majority of us here. ;)