Got offered a not so perfect Birkin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didn't you tell your SA the real reason you were rejecting the bag? he should know that the bags were obviously not right and that is why you are not taking it (and probably why others did not take it). how can those bags pass inspection? it may help you in future as he won't offer you "defective" bags. as it is, you basically eliminated yourself from getting ultraviolet (although he may have a short memory; my SAs remember what i like and dislike).

The truth is UV wasn't that bad...if I was a walk-in customer and offered that I would take it for sure..it was the red/orange one that really shock me the most. Also he hinted I will be the next to offer a SO...I just don't want to ruin my relationship wit him especially he gave me three colors to choose from and he has given me color choices in the past also.

But it is a shame someone might pay a lot of money to buy the slouching Birkins..

Swift and clemence both slouch- there is nothing wrong with bags made of these leathers- it is the nature of the leather.

What I find disturbing is that you were given the option to choose from amongst 3 different bags when a regular walk-in customer is likely told "no birkins available". I have always found this marketing behavior offensive at Hermes. To VIP clients, birkins are always available, and in abundance.

My relationship with my SA is good and I really don't want to be rude...maybe that's all he had and he wanted to show me...after all I did get my beautiful Rubis in GHW

If he really want to..he could of just show me UV and have the kind of Take it or Leave attitude..but he didn't. And in my circle of friends I think I'm the third person that always have choices in color.

The truth is UV wasn't that bad...if I was a walk-in customer and offered that I would take it for sure..it was the red/orange one that really shock me the most. Also he hinted I will be the next to offer a SO...I just don't want to ruin my relationship wit him especially he gave me three colors to choose from and he has given me color choices in the past also.

But it is a shame someone might pay a lot of money to buy the slouching Birkins..

Many people like slouching birkins -- there is a whole thread about that here. I am sorry but I can't help think this is an overreaction. Even the whole thing about being offered 3 birkins. Sorry JMHO.:cool:

I'm going to be offer a So and I really want to get my croc red..so both combination made me be polite and deny them.

But... I don't think it would have been impolite to refuse for a different reason? It's all in the voice tone, how things are worded, etc. You could have been impolite, saying you didn't like ultraviolet, for example -- if you worded that sentiment badly.

Many people like slouching birkins -- there is a whole thread about that here. I am sorry but I can't help think this is an overreaction. Even the whole thing about being offered 3 birkins. Sorry JMHO.:cool:[/]

It is not my fault I got offered 3 birkins and other people don't. To be it is not overreaction..i have birkins that are slouching but that is because of wear not because the bag comes like that.

I think if I pay 10000 plus for anything, I should get it in new condition.

Last edited:
Swift and clemence both slouch- there is nothing wrong with bags made of these leathers- it is the nature of the leather.

What I find disturbing is that you were given the option to choose from amongst 3 different bags when a regular walk-in customer is likely told "no birkins available". I have always found this marketing behavior offensive at Hermes. To VIP clients, birkins are always available, and in abundance.

I mentioned on another thread that there is no secret to getting a birkin or kelly...all you need to do is spend money on none leather goods. I have walked in three times and spent over xxxxx money on house stuff and got offered birkin and kelly right away.

So I got offered color choices but why are you offended...just because I got to choose? I'm sorry but I think that is a little catty.

My thread started simply out of curiosty who else had my experience today but sadly so many people are focus that I got offered 3 birkins. I'm new here..after reading so many great thread, just thought to share my experience.

yes but in all honesty its part of the process they are not used............ they are simply not perfect and not properly packed but if you got a brand brand new bag wow rubis is stunning enjoy in the best of health doll !!!

I mentioned on another thread that there is no secret to getting a birkin or kelly...all you need to do is spend money on none leather goods. I have walked in three times and spent over xxxxx money on house stuff and got offered birkin and kelly right away.

So I got offered color choices but why are you offended...just because I got to choose? I'm sorry but I think that is a little catty.

Just speaking in generalities- no offense intended.

Even when you spend xxxxx it is no guarantee of being offered a bag. It does sort of take the desirability away imo. The bags are only available to certain people. I cannot tell you how many times I have been in an Hermes boutique when a customer politely asks for a B or K only to be told there are none. And then another customer comes in and is whisked away to the back and walks out with an obvious large orange bag. I guess it is the genius of Hermes marketing that allows them to charge what they do for bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.