Help! The bottom of my Westminster GM is buckling inward

katipepperB

PurseObsessed
Jun 20, 2012
I bought my Westminster GM back in March. I use it as an everyday bag. I've noticed that the bottom is starting to buckle inward onto the purse creating a second "pleat" on the bottom (on both sides!). Is this normal? I know this is suppose to be a structured bag but noticed that it was starting to soften up a bit with use. I don't mind the softening up, but I don't like how the bottom is now collapsing. Do you guys think it looks funny?

Attachments

• lv westie.JPG
    lv westie.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,807
oh no! :sad:
mine doesnt do that but i have only used mine a handful of times

can you try stuffing it with tissue paper to see if it'll come back out?

That was what I was thinking too! Maybe stuff the bottom for a few days to see if it brings back its shape...This makes me nervous as I just bought the bag but have not used it yet..Still deciding if I will keep it...

It doesn't look funny, it just looks softer, mine has softened up a bit too but since I carry files and a notebook it hasn't changed shape at all. Maybe try redistributing your items a little? I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

If you've been using it daily since March, the bag is getting softer and will settle. Specially if its always standing up on its own. Gravity does work btw.

I keep my Palermo stuffed with tissue paper in the corners when not using and it helps but the settling still bugs me because it tilts to one side when unstuffed!