Help! The bottom of my Westminster GM is buckling inward

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought my Westminster GM back in March. I use it as an everyday bag. I've noticed that the bottom is starting to buckle inward onto the purse creating a second "pleat" on the bottom (on both sides!). Is this normal? I know this is suppose to be a structured bag but noticed that it was starting to soften up a bit with use. I don't mind the softening up, but I don't like how the bottom is now collapsing. Do you guys think it looks funny?

lv westie.JPG
  2. oh no! :sad:
    mine doesnt do that but i have only used mine a handful of times

can you try stuffing it with tissue paper to see if it'll come back out?

3. That was what I was thinking too! Maybe stuff the bottom for a few days to see if it brings back its shape...This makes me nervous as I just bought the bag but have not used it yet..Still deciding if I will keep it...

4. could it be that it's stuffed to the top, that's why the bottom is caving ini? maybe use a purse organizer for everyday to help retain the structure?

5. It's called settling. My Palermo GM does that too.

6. I would use a purse organizer to stiffen the base of it.

7. It doesn't look funny, it just looks softer, mine has softened up a bit too but since I carry files and a notebook it hasn't changed shape at all. Maybe try redistributing your items a little? I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

8. If you've been using it daily since March, the bag is getting softer and will settle. Specially if its always standing up on its own. Gravity does work btw.

9. Thanks, I think I may have to do that. I'm just not a fan of purse organizers. I know that puts me in the minority.

10. Thanks. I'm not too upset about it, I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

11. I keep my Palermo stuffed with tissue paper in the corners when not using and it helps but the settling still bugs me because it tilts to one side when unstuffed!