Not thrilled with LMB results

baghorr

O.G.
Nov 19, 2011
So I have cleaned my handles three times now with both the sponge and the microfiber cloth. Overall the handles did clean and lighten but the set in grime is set in. This is a less than one year old bag that I have been very careful with. I'm a bit disappointed as I'd hoped this kit would have worked better , simply due to the age of the bag. I'm also disappointed that an $800 bag's leather can acquire dirt like this, again, when its been babied. My aunt has a 1980's speedy and abused the crap outta it and its deeply patina'd but has no black dirt like mine. Anyone have any suggestions?

image-851732763.jpg

Before ^^

image-4166558195.jpg

Same handle after ^^^

image-2483249786.jpg

Right handle done x2 with cleanser, left not touched

image-4272597021.jpg

Both after x3 cleaning

It does look much better than before IMO but the cleaning takes some time to get off dirt/grime. I've heard several times cleaning would make it lighter each time over time. Don't be too discouraged because you can definitely tell the difference from before.

I agree, your results are really good. You might want to see what you are doing to cause the vachetta to get so dark. If you use lots of hand lotion & sanitizer it can prematurely darkened the vachetta. Besides cleaning the only other option is to pay to have the handles replaced. HTH.

JadaStormy said:
I agree, your results are really good. You might want to see what you are doing to cause the vachetta to get so dark. If you use lots of hand lotion & sanitizer it can prematurely darkened the vachetta. Besides cleaning the only other option is to pay to have the handles replaced. HTH.

+1

It looks great :smile:

So I have cleaned my handles three times now with both the sponge and the microfiber cloth. Overall the handles did clean and lighten but the set in grime is set in. This is a less than one year old bag that I have been very careful with. I'm a bit disappointed as I'd hoped this kit would have worked better , simply due to the age of the bag. I'm also disappointed that an $800 bag's leather can acquire dirt like this, again, when its been babied. My aunt has a 1980's speedy and abused the crap outta it and its deeply patina'd but has no black dirt like mine. Anyone have any suggestions?

View attachment 1906556

Before ^^

View attachment 1906557

Same handle after ^^^

View attachment 1906558

Right handle done x2 with cleanser, left not touched

View attachment 1906559

Both after x3 cleaning

Have you tried using the cleanser with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser instead of a microfiber cloth? I did this with my Cabas Piano, and it was seriously miraculous. Just slightly wet the magic eraser, wring it out, then place a little cleanser on the bag and rub it with the magic eraser. You will notice a huge difference! Mine removed dirt, water stains and pen.