Workplace Anybody studying for the CPA exam?

So EXCITED to find this thread! I took FAR at the beginning of July ((anxiously awaiting score)) and I'm taking AUD next month! I'm using Yaeger lectures along with Wiley. Good luck to all testing in this window and congratulations to those who already passed :smile:

I passed all 4 sections and just need to do the ethics exam and wait for the experience to get licensed next year.

My first exam was in July 2011 and last one was february 2012. I used Becker and think its an awesome program.

Good luck to everyone!

I passed all the parts several years ago.
I used Becker and focused on doing the multiple choice at least 3 times.
I did my best to thoroughly understand why I made errors on the questions.
Studying a subject as dense as this is mentally draining. But in my mind its a short term effort in exchange for a long term gain.
Good luck! ;)

I am not studying for the CPA program but...

I was studying for the CA program (Chartered Accountant - i am in Canada) and just completed the 3-day national exam 10 days ago. If I pass the exam (having my fingers crossed), I will get my CA in 2 years. I know I can take some extra exams so I get a CPA designation after I get my CA. CPA is definitely on my to-do list in the future.

Good luck everyone!;)

I am not studying for the CPA program but...

I was studying for the CA program (Chartered Accountant - i am in Canada) and just completed the 3-day national exam 10 days ago. If I pass the exam (having my fingers crossed), I will get my CA in 2 years. I know I can take some extra exams so I get a CPA designation after I get my CA. CPA is definitely on my to-do list in the future.

Good luck everyone!;)

Just curious, why do you want to do CPA after doing CA? CA in Canada is one of the most difficult post-grad accounting qualifications in the world (I am in Australia and have friends who have done it in Canada, USA, UK and South Africa - We don't have to do the three-day exam!) and is recognized internationally? Not starting a CA vs. CPA debate, just genuinely wondering what benefits you would have from doing both?

Just curious, why do you want to do CPA after doing CA? CA in Canada is one of the most difficult post-grad accounting qualifications in the world (I am in Australia and have friends who have done it in Canada, USA, UK and South Africa - We don't have to do the three-day exam!) and is recognized internationally? Not starting a CA vs. CPA debate, just genuinely wondering what benefits you would have from doing both?

I am aware that CA is recognized internationally. However, if I want to practice in the USA, I believe I must have a CPA. (Correct me if i am wrong). One of my coworkers (she is a CA) has completed 2 courses (governance and US taxation?) and she got her CPA designation as well. So I know i don't have to start from the beginning to become a CPA if I am already a CA.

To plan a bit ahead, I think CPA will benefit me in many ways as there are a lot of American companies all over the world. The bottom line is I don't intend to stay in Canada forever so I'd like to have both CA and CPA. Then I can work possibly everywhere in the world..(I am very ambitious! :graucho:)

Just found out I passed my last exam (REG)! Glad this nightmare is over. For the record, I used Becker for all parts and supplemented with Wiley Test Bank for FAR and REG. Don't give up ladies! I know it sucks but its so worth it!