Portobello PM or Speedy B Damier

I have the Speedy B DE and love it. I tried on the Portobello PM yesterday and have concerns about the shorter handle over coats whereas the Speedy B is perfect with the strap. And, the Speedy is just so classic anyway, so between the two, it is definitely my choice.

Speedy B - you have both the handle and shoulder strap as options to carry. Portobello is nice, but a completely different look than the speedy b and you must love the hobo style.

I'm in the minority here and say the Portobello. Every time I tried on the Speedy B, I could never get it to look right on me when hanging on my shoulder. It always ended up looking shapeless and ill fitting on me. Others love it, so I'm sure they got it to look right on them. I just never could. I do think the Speedy looks great as a handheld bag.

I'm in the minority here and say the Portobello. Every time I tried on the Speedy B, I could never get it to look right on me when hanging on my shoulder. It always ended up looking shapeless and ill fitting on me. Others love it, so I'm sure they got it to look right on them. I just never could. I do think the Speedy looks great as a handheld bag.

I agree with the above. No offense to anyone out there, but to me personally ultimately the speedy looks best as a handheld bag.

Portobello is lovely! There are issues with the strap as it is very thick, and unlike the Sully it is treated leather so it won't have the same give of vachetta, but it is still really beautiful. It will also be rare as already I am seeing quite a few speedy b handbags around in both mono and DE.

Ultimately, if it is a shoulder bag you are after, I say get the one that is made to be a shoulder bag...not the tradtionally handheld bag that has been altered to be a shoulder bag.

But it is your decision so really you just have to go down to your closest boutique, try both on and see which one puts the widest grin on your face :smile: