Any thoughts on the French Purse wallet?

I've had my epi zippy wallet since 2009 and have been using it everyday, wherever I go (I don't switch wallets!). So far, the only signs of wear on the exterior is minor rubbing along the edge/corners and some light scratches. The interior is almost like new save for some darkening and dented marks due to the hardware. I don't baby my wallet but I do take good care of it. It's held up extremely well IMO!

Frenchie D. said:
I'm glad this wallet has a few fans here since it seems that most people prefer long wallets these days. I like the idea of a big wallet that fits everything in it, but I often swap my bags and don't feel like changing wallets all the time so it can fit in a small bag. I think this wallet will be just perfect!

I actually prefer the french purse way over the long wallets which in my opinion need too much space. Even while I own a lot of large bags, they don't neccessarily need to weight tons... This wallet surely is a great choice because of its whole design which, even not being as long as usual wallets are now, provide enough space for all the neccessary stuff.

I actually prefer the french purse way over the long wallets which in my opinion need too much space. Even while I own a lot of large bags, they don't neccessarily need to weight tons... This wallet surely is a great choice because of its whole design which, even not being as long as usual wallets are now, provide enough space for all the neccessary stuff.

I agree. I use the empreinte Virtuose wallet now but my FP can hold pretty much the same.

When I went to the boutique and looked at it, the corners were flipping up. Is that common?

Also, does the clasp weaken over time? What about the button closure? Because some years ago I had a wallet whose button closing (is this the correct term?) was not very good and was constantly open. I don't remember the name, it has been discontinued for several years now.

Last edited:
The FP wallet is my favorite smaller wallet --- I've had 3 of them over the years - mono, white MC and black MC. It's a great small wallet - love the kiss-lock clasp on the coin section.

OP, thanks for starting this thread as I have been wondering the same thing.

As you have 3 of them, do you feel the FP is heavy b/c of the coin clasp?

i love the french purse. it fits quite a bit. i don`t store coins in the change compartment but extra cards, keys, receipts or bills. the bill compartment is really deep.

rabbits said:
I agree. I use the empreinte Virtuose wallet now but my FP can hold pretty much the same.

I started with the Elise which is good starter but then went for long zippy, bit big for some of my handbags though so bought the French purse and it's fab, great for everyday