You Will Never Believe This!!!

prncessjax

sold my soul 4 bags
Mar 14, 2007
So I had a gucci tote for sale this week and the auction just closed. The buyer emailed me just now saying this...

i cant afford it right now, so i m not gonna pay for this item. i m sorry for this inconvience. i will pay for the ebay fees as long as you dont negative feedback or the unpiad item dispute. i m so sorry that i bidded on the item.

omG! I want to jump through the computer and scream at someone! Who does thaT???:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Well as long as she'd refund you I suppose you can't be fully annoyed at the situation. She could have been lying or she could have genuinley made a mistake...

Must be annoying for you I know but it's alright if she's reimbursing you.

I would definitely be annoyed...you could have sold it to a paying bidder. A bid is supposed to be a binding contract and she just wasted your valuable time. Block her from future auctions of yours...

I swear, I don't even remember the last time I had a smooth auction. I have to list and relist an item like 2 or 3 times every single time because the first buyer is always a deadbeat. I am soooo sick of it!! They should make buyers put down a deposit or something before they bid!

I wouldn't just accept her offer of refunding your fee's. She may be doing the same thing to other sellers. She needs an unpaid item strike to warn other sellers so she doesn't pull it again.

Well as long as she'd refund you I suppose you can't be fully annoyed at the situation. She could have been lying or she could have genuinley made a mistake...

Must be annoying for you I know but it's alright if she's reimbursing you.

I would be annoyed as hell! Thinking that I had sold my bag and so therefore had $$$ to maybe fund another purchase, only to be told that they weren't going to pay?

I'd file a Non-paying bidder dispute and then neg them! You'll get your final value fees one way or the other.

You know what always gets me about neg feedback? I have 100% feedback and I always fear that will be ruined over some jerk like this who wants to retaliate. This is sooo annoying and I DID buy something over this bid b/c i thought I would be able to pay it off right away. Ughhhh....i looked this KID up...its a 20 year old BOY

Go for the unpaid item strike, however I don't think you can file until 7 days have passed since the close of the auction. If the buyer doesn't respond through ebay to the unpaid item dispute, then you can neg them and not worry about retaliatory feedback. They can leave a comment, but I beleive ebay doesn't count it against your feedback percentage.
However, if they do respond through ebay, even if they still don't pay, they can leave you a retaliatory neg.

Oh, I feel your pain. I just had a buyer refuse to pay because I wouldn't let her pick up the item in person and I wouldn't accept cash. So she just sent me an email saying "I'm not paying." I'm like, are you kidding me?

I don't know how you feel about this bidder, but I would still open an upaid item dispute. You will get your fees back if both parties agree to not complete the transaction (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

That's so annoying! Why would you bid on something if you can't buy it? Sure, I see things I want but can't afford- but I don't bid on them hoping I'll miraculously be able to buy them!

It is a sad fact of life today, that some people have no integrity. How do they sleep at night? Cos you can bet your bottom dollar that this sort of dishonesty is an integral part of who they are and how they conduct themselves on a daily basis.

B'stards :cursing:

Go for the unpaid item strike, however I don't think you can file until 7 days have passed since the close of the auction. If the buyer doesn't respond through ebay to the unpaid item dispute, then you can neg them and not worry about retaliatory feedback. They can leave a comment, but I beleive ebay doesn't count it against your feedback percentage.
However, if they do respond through ebay, even if they still don't pay, they can leave you a retaliatory neg.

you can file before 7 days if both parties agree not to complete transaction....

I would be mad as he$$. What, when she bid she could afford it but when the auction closed she could not? Please. Not only would I file a non paying bidder, I would write her and tell her that bidded is not a word.