Do Chanel Boutique's Refund???

Cal

Bum Chum
Jan 27, 2006
Hi Ladies,

I'm having trouble with a bag of mine that's strap has broken twice and I was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a refund (not store credit) from a Chanel Boutique? I'm sure there's nothing I want to exchange the bag for and I don't want the bag fixed as I am sure that this issue is going to be ongoing with this bag.

Any ideas about how to get a refund? Should I see the SA or the Store Manager?

:flowers:

Poo........I just called them. The bag I want to return has broken twice and they said that they will only repair (it's barely a month old!). No exchanges or refunds. Repair will take 6 - 8 weeks, which completely sucks. Grrrrrr........

I had gotten refund from the Chanel boutique once for a problem they were responsible for enlarging it rather than fixing it. I was lucky; it was hassle free. I still buy from the boutique because my SA is the greatest SA I have ever worked with.

Cal, I would insist on a refund in your situation. They will tout their no refund policy and many people don't have the patience to fight it. I think you should. It's not like you changed your mind about the bag. It broke for goodness sakes.

By European law they have the right to repair or exchange it 3 times after that they have to give you a refund and I would make this very clear at Chanel that you know about this law and that you're willing to fight for it!
I hate shops who don't give a good customer service!
Good luck, Cal.
PM me if you have more questions about it.

Cal, I would insist on a refund in your situation. They will tout their no refund policy and many people don't have the patience to fight it. I think you should. It's not like you changed your mind about the bag. It broke for goodness sakes.

i agree! i would ask to speak with the store manager directly and show them the damage. after a MONTH?! that's ridiculous! good luck.

Cal - when I took my CC back to the boutique, the Manager offered me one of 3 choices. I could a) Return the bag and refund my purchase, b) exchange for a totatlly different bag style or c) exchange my broken CC for a new CC that they had held in the back for me.

I told them that because I had waitlisted for this particular bag, I clearly wanted it. But if I had to bring it back one more time that I would return it for a full refund. Right now it's been one week since I exchanged the Cotton Club and I can see the rings on the new bag beginning to separate. I may be back at the Chanel Boutique very soon.

I bought the metallic silver lux bowler last May and used it several times. The metallic part stated to come off the handles and other parts of the bag leaving a very ugly leather underneath. I brought it to my boutique last Fri and she offered me a refund to my credit card, an exchange for a different bag, or store credit. She did say that Chanel had problems w/the metallic silver and gold bowlers and that it was in fact a defect.

Exactly! Get your refund, even if you have to argue, which we hate to do... but your bag broke! That is very poor quality control or a design flaw on Chanel's part.