Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

Girl trust me it is growing I am sure it is longer than you think. When our hair is in its kinky state it is harder to see the growth I used to feel the same; I thought my hair was the same length for the longest because I was wearing my hair curly all the time then one day I got it blown out and the length simply seemed to fall out the sky. Don't be discouraged it is indeed getting longer! :flowers:

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I need to blow it out one day. I haven't put heat to my hair since I bc'd 16 months ago.

Has anyone tried any of the Carol's Daughter transitioning products? My hair is usually not a fan of her stuff, The PJ in me did give into the hype and purchased a mini bottle of the Wen Fig yesterday. Today and yesterday have been good hair days moisture wise so I think I'm going to at least try for two more weeks. It was laid (in my funky dineva voice) yesterday! Special thanks to JBCO and my shea butter concoction. In addition, I saw a woman with a mean curly fro at work! I was like girl, u better WERK! :woohoo:

@.pursefiend. Ms. Jessie's does nothing for my hair either. And I think I have similiar hair to the founders - at least based on their photos - and my hair seems to dry out after using their stuff.
@gr8dane - I need to find a good hat soon! :lol: Its only been 10 weeks and my hair is so big. I run w/ Black Girls Run so I need a good hat during our training sessions and nothing stays on.
@Myblackbag - Your curls are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Thanks chica1!

Do you guys know tht Giovanni's leavE-in formulation has changed? I noticed it last month when I had to purchase another bottle. I hadnt purchased a bottle on about 2 years, so I did some research online and sure enough it was changed. Makes my hair feel like straw. I hate when companies to do this!!!

So I'm sticking with KC Knot Today.

What's in it now that wasn't in it before? Or what's not in it now that used to be in it?

I started using it in November and never looked back (except for the one time Target hadn't yet restocked).

Do you guys know tht Giovanni's leavE-in formulation has changed? I noticed it last month when I had to purchase another bottle. I hadnt purchased a bottle on about 2 years, so I did some research online and sure enough it was changed. Makes my hair feel like straw. I hate when companies to do this!!!

So I'm sticking with KC Knot Today.

I remember reading about the Giovanni Direct Leave-In formula change a few years ago when I was doing all of my googling & research. Has it changed recently again??

What's in it now that wasn't in it before? Or what's not in it now that used to be in it?

I started using it in November and never looked back (except for the one time Target hadn't yet restocked).

If I remember - it was the addition/deletion of Aloe Vera or Glycerine. I'm not sure & did not pay attention since my hair loves the Giovanni Leave-In. I don't wear it as a styler anymore, but I use it under my gel. I have a couple of liters, I'll have to look at the ingredients list.

:tup: and it smells so good

And is so nice & thick & creamy!

Today is the last day for 20% off at curlmart!

I don't buy hardly any of the brands they offer on curlmart, but their 'sales' never include Kinky Curly. I just ordered KCKT & KCCC on beauty.com as part of their 20% off sale. I always re-stock when they have a sale.

If I remember - it was the addition/deletion of Aloe Vera or Glycerine. I'm not sure & did not pay attention since my hair loves the Giovanni Leave-In. I don't wear it as a styler anymore, but I use it under my gel. I have a couple of liters, I'll have to look at the ingredients list.

Thanks! I just looked at the back of the bottle that I have and it looks like there's aloe vera in it. So maybe that's the addition? Either way, my hair loves the stuff. I keep meaning to just go and buy the larger container from that website massage something or other.

Im so glad that I found this thread! I haven't had a perm since Nov 11 and I've been wearing a weave all summer. I'm going to wait until it cools down to take my weave out. I'm so scared to go natural though. I've never been one that was really addicted to the creamy crack, I only used to perm my hair 4x a year, so I don't worry about missing it. I'm just concerned about being able to manage my hair because I don't like to use direct heat, like flat irons and such, I used to only get a roller set and pin it up anyway.

I was reading that the Carol's Daughter Transitioning System was good. I'm going to have to read this forum all nite to try to get some new ideas. I have a nice texture of hair, it's curly, so I think I might be able to do some curly tricks, but it's just a matter of getting my hair trained.

I don't buy hardly any of the brands they offer on curlmart, but their 'sales' never include Kinky Curly. I just ordered KCKT & KCCC on beauty.com as part of their 20% off sale. I always re-stock when they have a sale.

I just checked beauty.com and apparently the sale is over. How often do they have sales? I use KCCC & KCKT as well.