Chanel m/l or clutch with chain

I'll be the one to disagree. I like my clutch with a chain way better than a m/l flap. It fits more and I love the bigger shape. It's not an everyday bag, but I wouldn't use my Chanels as everyday bags anyway. My clutch is 6 months old and looks brand new, no problems with pulling at the chain. Go for what you love and what you feel comfortable spending and you'll be happy with either I'm sure! :smile:

I agree with agentmily here as well. I understand the m/l is THE classic iconic bag, but for me (and apparently agent and some others), the m/l just does not work for us.

Back in June I bought and promptly returned the black caviar m/l because it really looked and FELT cheap to me when I finally received it. It was so disappointing. Too boxy and structured, not to mention the double flap made it hard to open/close.

But I still wanted to have some semblance of that iconic flap, so when I started seeing posts on this clutch with chain, I decided to make the jump and get it.

I ended up with the black lambskin from 12C, which has the burgundy leather lining. I LOVE it, and to me - I can fit MORE in the clutch than the m/l (that I had returned). Plus, it is so much easier to get things in and out of the clutch.

I just wanted to post my opinion here so that some others reading may make their own informed opinion before getting the m/l or the clutch.

7744786446_0f5df4513a_c.jpg

7722548704_8c813bff9d_z.jpg

Agree with most ladies here. If you don't have classic flap, definitely get that one first. Otherwise Clutch with chain.

Yodaling, was it you who had gotten the pearly beige clutch some months back? I vaguely recall seeing a reveal thread about that but while doing my "research" on the clutch.

If it was you, may I ask from which store you got it? I am loving this clutch and how it works for me, that I'm contemplating another one -- in 12A red or pearly beige. :graucho:

Yodaling, was it you who had gotten the pearly beige clutch some months back? I vaguely recall seeing a reveal thread about that but while doing my "research" on the clutch.

If it was you, may I ask from which store you got it? I am loving this clutch and how it works for me, that I'm contemplating another one -- in 12A red or pearly beige. :graucho:

Yes it was me. Now I don't recall which store anymore. I think it's Bloomingdale's because they are the only one with this bag I believe. Don't think you can find the pearly beige anymore so your best bet is 12A red.

tough call... do you carry much? If you dont, M/L will work... but if you do... have you considered the jumbo? The Flap clutch sound divine and from what I have heard, it can probably contain more then the M/L.... good in between but Jumbo is still the best!

Do you love the m/l? Since it is so much money you should be in love with which ever one you choose. If you are then spend the money now for the m/l if not you'll always regret it since prices will increase. For me, I never loved it so I went for a mini square as my first. It's perfect because I wanted it for special occasions and it's a lot less $. Good luck deciding!

Have found a brand new pearly beige for USD$3200, slightly above the current US retail price.

Despite the slight markup, should I purchase given the colour is from a past season?

i'm going to be in the minority here and say clutch with chain. i have only one chanel and it's the black caviar clutch with chain. i had a hard time narrowing it down between the m/l and the clutch. i wound up getting the clutch because it fits more in it than the m/l (since the m/l is more structured). also, not like i'm a raging alchie or anything, but my litmus test with ANY bag is that i have to be able to operate any handbag easily after a few drinks ;) i think i would be challenged by the double flap after a couple glasses of wine!!

so given all those things, it was a no brainer to go with the clutch! oh another plus, the pocket in the back of the clutch is bigger than on the m/l. i can fit my kindle in there!

I vote for the clutch with chain just b/c I think you will use it more. My M/L has been sitting in the closet for years and I think the classic flaps are priced way above its worth now. Maybe you can get a m/l from a trusted resaler later on.

Im in a dilemma Iv always wanted a Chanel. The past few months iv been looking at vintage pieces but nothing I have fallen in with. So I'm going to buy new. Which one do you think I should go for. Iv. Never spent so much on a bag so the clutch with chain seems like a good transition as its £1550 whilst the classic flap is £2600 or something. Il either get it in black or beige.
Help please!!!
The l/m flap! it got more space, and it´s more confortable than a clutch

I think the jumbo would be more practical. I'm a fan of the medium/large, but for the price you are paying, you may as well get a jumbo. Although the clutch is pretty, I feel the chain is too thin that it may eventually break (just my opinion).