Makeup Brushes !!

keodi said:
the reason why I sold my NARS brushes. You'll like the F80 it does a great job of buffing in the foundation.

Yes, it does! I tried it and it is awesome. I like the 109, but it does shed. The F80 created a flawless finish. And, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about NARS brushes.

I have a few of them & I really like them. However, I do notice that the ones I see the YT girls use almost always look misshapen. I'm guessing they don't really take care of them.

I have a few of them & I really like them. However, I do notice that the ones I see the YT girls use almost always look misshapen. I'm guessing they don't really take care of them.

I'm not a big fan of the animal hair sigma brushes. I bought a set a long time ago, for travel and they didn't hold up very well.

I purchased a full set from Sigma and love them! They have been compared to MAC brushes.Does anyone else use these brushes?
I DON"T care for their marketing / kick-back program that makes me wonder if someone really likes their brushes or are they promoting the brushes to get a bonus point. It was a real let down when I found out that my favorite u tube gal wasn't so pro the brushes, but more pro promoting for other reasons.

I have one Mac brushes sets, Brush is important for makeup. I think it worth to invest.
I don't pay more attention on the cleaning, did someone have good tips for cleaning the brushes?

I have about 2 dozen brushes that I've purchased one by one over many years... so I guess added up, it's a chunk of money. My very first set straight out of college was a 5 or 6-piece Chanel, that was $150... 30 years ago!:amazed:

If I would start all over, I might just buy a full set of Nars and nothing more. I love the two Nars brushes I've got.

I've recently gotten the small but mighty Shiseido foundation brush, and I absolutely love it!!! I clean it by first swishing it back and forth in a bit of oil free eye make up remover, and then rinsing it off with a bit of Purity from Philosophy. It's been a few weeks of doing this, and my brush gets super clean but still looks like new, so so far so good. Maybe worth a try?

I soaked my new foundation brush (ended up getting a sonia kashuk flat top brush) in white vinegar for a few minutes and then washed it with purity made simple. Left no residue whatsoever! Thanks!

declaredbeauty said:
I soaked my new foundation brush (ended up getting a sonia kashuk flat top brush) in white vinegar for a few minutes and then washed it with purity made simple. Left no residue whatsoever! Thanks!

How do you like the brush? Do you use it for your liquid foundation?

Hi, I have to admit I haven't read all of this thread. Its l:huh:ong. Anyway .. I recently got some Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and I was sure I had some brushes but I seem to have misplaced them. What would you recommend? Bobbie Browns Ultra fine Eyliner brush or Mac 209 or 210?

Also, I really need a set of brushes for Travel to go along with a Naked Palette + perhaps eyeliner and blush. I don't use make up that often when I travel so I don't want to spend a fortune. Any recs?

Mediana said:
Hi, I have to admit I haven't read all of this thread. Its l:huh:ong. Anyway .. I recently got some Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and I was sure I had some brushes but I seem to have misplaced them. What would you recommend? Bobbie Browns Ultra fine Eyliner brush or Mac 209 or 210?

Also, I really need a set of brushes for Travel to go along with a Naked Palette + perhaps eyeliner and blush. I don't use make up that often when I travel so I don't want to spend a fortune. Any recs?

I use the ultra fine eyeliner for a year and the bristles are separating already so bad I had to cut the fly always because it makes my line ugly. I found that the brush that comes with the maybelline gel liner is much better. I also use a similar to Mac angled brush from Chanel.

I use the ultra fine eyeliner for a year and the bristles are separating already so bad I had to cut the fly always because it makes my line ugly. I found that the brush that comes with the maybelline gel liner is much better. I also use a similar to Mac angled brush from Chanel.

Thank you. I was actually thinking of picking up one or two of Maybellines when I get to US next time. We don't have it here yet. I'll take a look at Chanels brushes too.