Criminal Buyer returns item

do you think this person might be a former buyer that is trying to get revenge on you?

i had one buyer complain of "yellow stains" on a bag and insisted on a return. of course she strong armed me into paying for the postage and refused to take any photographs of the alleged damage.

when i got the bag back there were no stains of course. i'm glad the buyer didnt deface the bag. luckily i could resell the bag.

When I was on the phone with ebay, they told me that they would decide in her favor and if I get it back with red marks to call them to appeal or say that buyer did a faulty return.

Ugh! That's horrible! Do your pics in the original listing show that exact area as being perfectly fine? It would definitely help your case if you do.

I would fight this with an appeal- eBay would have a record of it if she makes a habit of stuff like this.

Ugh! That's horrible! Do your pics in the original listing show that exact area as being perfectly fine? It would definitely help your case if you do.

I would fight this with an appeal- eBay would have a record of it if she makes a habit of stuff like this.

According to what the OP posted on the CAB she was refunded

Re: This is not how I sent it, but how I received it back
Jul 28, 2012 07:32 PM

I got two separate emails from ebay stating that they reversed the decision and I was refunded.

I am happy.

do you think this person might be a former buyer that is trying to get revenge on you?

i had one buyer complain of "yellow stains" on a bag and insisted on a return. of course she strong armed me into paying for the postage and refused to take any photographs of the alleged damage.

when i got the bag back there were no stains of course. i'm glad the buyer didnt deface the bag. luckily i could resell the bag.

Lucky you. My buyer sent me back an envelope with trash inside, I sent her an authentic LV bag. And this is a real criminal, eBay would not do anything, police would not do anything. And I am ended up with a negative feedback I did not deserve, plus e-mail from this buyer that called me a scumbag.

Lucky you. My buyer sent me back an envelope with trash inside, I sent her an authentic LV bag. And this is a real criminal, eBay would not do anything, police would not do anything. And I am ended up with a negative feedback I did not deserve, plus e-mail from this buyer that called me a scumbag.

This is just terrible and sorry that you have to be subjected to someone

like this... these scammers are becoming more brazen ..

were you not able to take her to court??

That is horribe, I can't believe scumbags like this exist. Did the two packages weigh the same?

The scumbag has a shipping label provided by eBay, and it was set for 6 lbs but actually it was only 4 oz (envelope with some used and dirty plastic bags) The small purse I shipped to her is about 1.5 lbs.

The scumbag has a shipping label provided by eBay, and it was set for 6 lbs but actually it was only 4 oz (envelope with some used and dirty plastic bags) The small purse I shipped to her is about 1.5 lbs.

Can't this be used against them?? Isn't the actual weight or the size of the package recorded somewhere with the shipping company?

Truly disgusting but as many of us have said when situations like this happen,

karma is coming their way..

I suppose you were not able to file a police report or google her to see

if they have a history of doing this before...

meandmylouis said:

So sorry about this! My dad went through a similar situation in which the buyer stole parts of the laptop after sending it back and reported item not as described so eBay decided in buyers favor. My dad refunded the buyer. The package was not the correct weight. My dad is really good at getting what he wants on the phone so he talked to PayPal and got his money back. So the buyer ended up paying full price for the few parts.

There's still hope for you! I hope it works out.

Truly disgusting but as many of us have said when situations like this happen,

karma is coming their way..

I suppose you were not able to file a police report or google her to see

if they have a history of doing this before...

I appealed via eBay Customer support and they granted my appeal and issued me credit to my Paypal account!
I asked eBay if they want me to send them pictures, etc of the envelope with the trash, and they said no since the case is closed.
I told eBay that I showed the envelope to a DC Police Officer just in case I need a witness beside my husband. But eBay again said no, not necessary to do anything else, Buyer got her money back and I received Courtessy Credit from eBay,but if I would like to go beyond eBay, it is up to me.
This really bother me, this Scammer got away this easy, and like eBay supported her action!
She now own an Authentic Louis Vuitton bag plus got a full refund!
I reported her to IC3 and Postal Inspector.
Any other suggestion to warn other people? I am sure this was not her first time as she seems to know exactly what she was doing. She maybe has many eBay IDs too beside the one she use to bought my bag.

Last edited:
I appealed via eBay Customer support and they granted my appeal and issued me credit to my Paypal account!
I asked eBay if they want me to send them pictures, etc of the envelope with the trash, and they said no since the case is closed.
I told eBay that I showed the envelope to a DC Police Officer just in case I need a witness beside my husband. But eBay again said no, not necessary to do anything else, Buyer got her money back and I received Courtessy Credit from eBay,but if I would like to go beyond eBay, it is up to me.
This really bother me, this Scammer got away this easy, and like eBay supported her action!
She now own an Authentic Louis Vuitton bag plus got a full refund!
I reported her to IC3 and Postal Inspector.
Any other suggestion to warn other people? I am sure this was not her first time as she seems to know exactly what she was doing. She maybe has many eBay IDs too beside the one she use to bought my bag.

Glad you got a credit, OP. Unfortunate that eBay almost seems to encourage this type of behavior and them "recording it to the buyer's account" is little consolation...especially since other sellers can't be warned. If the buyer has multiple IDs, eBay does link them in their system (this is how they were able to find out a nightmare buyer I had was trying to buy multiple items and leave negatives on different accounts with me) and keeps an eye out for patterns of behavior. At least this is what they said however, other IDs can always fall through the cracks. :sad: