Delivery Confirmation shows delivered but no package

I have no idea; when he talked to me, he said he had left it with other boxes; the woman at the USPS said it would not be likely that someone would take one box and leave others. The times also didn't jive, so maybe he was trying to cover himself? I have no idea, just that she did the trace and found it was someone else, and he admitted he didn't deliver that early, which I knew he didn't. Our mail is always later. Really odd.

This happened to me once on an international package. The seller wrote the address Illegibly and the Post office apparently delivered it to a 30 story office building. My package showed that somone had indeed signed for it and it had the first initial and last name of some random person at this HUGE office building. I went to the office building and the post office every day for week trying to find my bag to no avail. The sellers response was a very "what... so I have bad handwriting" sort of take no responsibiliy attitude and since she choose not to insure it it appeared I was screwed. I was able to file a paypal claim and they sided with me when they saw the shipping label. They agreed the address was addressed incorrectly....Someone, somewhere in Chicgo has a really nice FREE MJ bag:nuts:

This happened to me once on an international package. The seller wrote the address Illegibly and the Post office apparently delivered it to a 30 story office building. My package showed that somone had indeed signed for it and it had the first initial and last name of some random person at this HUGE office building. I went to the office building and the post office every day for week trying to find my bag to no avail. The sellers response was a very "what... so I have bad handwriting" sort of take no responsibiliy attitude and since she choose not to insure it it appeared I was screwed. I was able to file a paypal claim and they sided with me when they saw the shipping label. They agreed the address was addressed incorrectly....Someone, somewhere in Chicgo has a really nice FREE MJ bag:nuts:
How were you able to see the shipping label? I was under the impression that you will only see the shipping label once you receive your package?

edit. If you were able to see something it would not be the senders writing but the manually printed address by the Postal worker. At least that is my understanding.

Last edited:
Paypal requested copies of it through the investigation...

How were you able to see the shipping label? I was under the impression that you will only see the shipping label once you receive your package?

edit. If you were able to see something it would not be the senders writing but the manually printed address by the Postal worker. At least that is my understanding.

I was able to see the label through this process via email BTW and they were handwritten (not typed) I dont think all labels get typed...
I have certainly had and sent plenty of things with handwritten labels...Things I have addressed myself.

Last edited:
I was able to see the label through this process via email BTW and they were handwritten (not typed) I dont think all labels get typed...
I have certainly had and sent plenty of things with handwritten labels...Things I have addressed myself.
Yes, of course the labels are handwritten (often) by the sender but that doesn´t mean that the recipient can see the address label. They can see it when they receive the package, not if it gets lost/misdelivered. That´s what I´m saying. I was wondering how you were able to see her original handwritten label if you never got the package?

If you request to see the address via the PO they will show you the printed version, not the original, handwritten, label that sits on the senders package. I am confused as to how you were able to know she had poor writing unless you saw the actual label which you couldnt have since the package was misdelivered/lost??´The PO doesn´t copy the original handwritten labels, they print the recipients address into their system by looking at the original handwritten label, so you will get a PC printed address which will be on the senders receipt.

Last edited:
Paypal requested copies of it through the investigation...
Nobody has a copy of the handwritten label. Unless the sender took a picture of it before sending it out. The PO doesn´t have it. Not the handwritten one.

Why would paypal request to see the address? They are only interested in tracking number and what that shows.

Well I can assure that I am NOT making this up :smile: I did see what appeared to be a carbon copy of the shipping label sent through DHL in germany. Since it was sent via email I can only assume.It was faintly written as if it were a duplicate copy receipt very simillar IN FACT to waht fed-ex does here in the states. YOu fill your form that is carbon copy in tripiclate and as the shipper you receive one of those carbon copies. My guess is this is what the seller provided thru the inestigation.

Paypal requested to see the shipping label, because I filed a claim knowing that it was sent to the COMPLETELY wrong address after speaking to the post office. IT IS ABSOLUTELY a paypal requirement that the seller has a responsibility to ship to the correct address or they are held liable, which in this case they did not. So paypal asked to see proof of where it was sent. End of story.

This was extremely stressful for me I was out a large sum of money for a very long time and I put a lot of time and energy into trying to track this bag down. Taking time away from my job etc...

WHY does it feel like you are questioning MY integrity here????

Nobody has a copy of the handwritten label. Unless the sender took a picture of it before sending it out. The PO doesn´t have it. Not the handwritten one.

Why would paypal request to see the address? They are only interested in tracking number and what that shows.

Last edited: