Poll: Full or Half circle Eternity Ring (TIffany shared prongs)

Full Eternity or Half Circle Anniversary Band from Tiffany

• Full Eternity- give me all the blings

• Half Circle- need to be practical and not worry about banging the ring

Results are only viewable after voting.

fayewolf

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Torn torn torn!!! Here are the pros and cons that I came up with.

This is based on the Tiffany shared prong setting, size 3 1/2

Full Eternity:sad:$5700 for size 4, unknown for size 3 1/2) 0.86 ctw, 2.2 mm
Pro:

Symbolic (eternity!!)

Very pretty overall, if you turn your hands palms up, you still see sparkle

Value- felt like you're more than doubling ctw of diamonds, but not doubling the price.

Cons:
Potential for damage- I currently wear my ering and wedding band daily, and i plan on replacing the wedding band with this and will continue to wear daily, and I'm clumsy, rough on things. I am very athletic, i run marathons,run with a dog that i have to carry a thick leash! and I also play violin (not sure if any of this matters)

Cannot be resized: Due to marathon training, I am the skinniest right now and my ring size went from 4 to 3 1/2, who knows what will happen down the road?

Bulges out a little due to presence of diamonds on the side, less delicate than the half cirlcle

Half Circle: $3600 .27 tcw 2.2mm

Pros:
Looks prettier on my finger, maybe because it's a tad slimmer (no diamonds on the side)

Can be resized in the future easily

Cheaper

I don't have to worry about banging on it

Cons:
Value: I felt like it's more of a rip off. $3600/.27 ctw vs $5400/.86 ctw.....

Mental thing- full eternity sounds better?

What are your thoughts? I went to both Tiffany and Cartier to check these out and I like how Tiffany sits on my hand better. It has a lower profile and just a overall a look that i preferred.

Full eternity. It pops and has diamonds all around. I talked a friend into getting one, and she loves it. The ring really makes a statement since hands are not always in the face down position.

No doubt in my mind, full eternity and the shared prong setting is gorgeous.

i was torn as well, but ended up ordering the full eternity. i would hate to always have to fidget with it so the diamonds face up. i think the full eternity is so pretty in the shared prong setting. can't wait to receive mine. :smile:

Personally, I wouldn't want to have to get used to having diamonds all around. I think there's a discomfort factor that you'd have to adjust to. Also, I wouldn't be happy about the re-sizing issue. At some point in your life, your finger is going to change sizes. Maybe more than once. Plus, it sounds like with your lifestyle, you might have to take a full eternity ring off sometimes in order not to damage it. It just seems like a lot of hassle for diamonds that won't be seen that much.

Can I see pic??? I love to see how it looks when size is correct!!! Did you consider other ones??

Sure, here it is. Do note that after five wears of wear and going in to get my prongs checked once every 2 months, Tiffany informed me that the prongs became loose and they tighten and polished the ring for me for free. Overall, I am very happy with this band and glad that I didn't settle for the full eternity. If I did, I would have damaged the ring for sure.

Attachments

• LMS_9891.JPG
    LMS_9891.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 9,742
Sure, here it is. Do note that after five wears of wear and going in to get my prongs checked once every 2 months, Tiffany informed me that the prongs became loose and they tighten and polished the ring for me for free. Overall, I am very happy with this band and glad that I didn't settle for the full eternity. If I did, I would have damaged the ring for sure.

Soooooooooooooo Pretty!! Love love love your set!

Wow!!!!!!! Too pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love a full eternity band. I'm addicted to sparkle & love to see it all the way around :smile:

A half circle would definitely be more practical in every way - you don't have to worry as much about messing up prongs/losing diamonds, you can size it up/down, you can turn it around to look less flashy when safety is a concern, etc.

I don't mind the less practical aspects of a full eternity band, but everyone has to keep their lifestyle in mind. I've made mistakes (jewelry, wardrobe, bags, shoes, etc.) by shopping for someone else's lifestyle. I can't help it at times, I see something lovely & it manages to make its way home with me. Yes, I've assigned blame to an inanimate object :P

If you pick the full eternity band & it turns out to be impractical for certain tasks, you can always switch out your plain one for those times.

It seems like you like the look of the half circle more on your hand & the way it will fit into your life. Don't get hung up on the "eternity" moniker - it's a marvelous marketing term. A circle - adorned or unadorned - is a symbol of eternity in & of itself.

I hope you enjoy your new ring (whichever you choose) thoroughly!

Wow, your rings look gorgeous! Do you mind me asking how many carats your engagement ring is?