What does this mean? (private)

86leo

*Got Coach?*
Jan 19, 2007
Sometimes I see an eBay Id and instead of a star and numbers it says:

Member Profile: xxx (private)
s.gif

(note: i xxx the name)

Why is it private and how does one go about getting it private?

Seller has choosen to make the feedback private, however if they sell items there feedback can not be private I thought the rules had changed for that anyway it may not have? Means they have something to hide!!

When you sarch for "private feedback" in eBay help, it will take you to a site where you can choose whether you want your feedback to be seen or not

If it's switched to private, it's not possible for you to sell items.

I've chosen to set my feedback to private as I simply don't won't to show publicly what I've bought and how much I paid .... however, as soon as I won an item, I'll ask the seller whether I should sent him a screenshot of my current feedback, no one ever has asked me for one, though

When you sarch for "private feedback" in eBay help, it will take you to a site where you can choose whether you want your feedback to be seen or not

If it's switched to private, it's not possible for you to sell items.

I've chosen to set my feedback to private as I simply don't won't to show publicly what I've bought and how much I paid .... however, as soon as I won an item, I'll ask the seller whether I should sent him a screenshot of my current feedback, no one ever has asked me for one, though

Very interesting! I might do that. Esp with all the wackos out there. LOL