Alexander Wang A Tale of Two Marions.....plus a bonus reveal!!! :-)

ceedoan

Crazy Handbag Lady
O.G.
Sep 29, 2011
Hi Wangsters!! :wave: i've been hooked on all things AW since i got my black rocco w/ rg hw a few months ago.

I've been wanting a new cross-body bag and thought Marion would be perfect! i ended up ordering two different ones....

parchment w/ black nickel hw
eggshell w/ rosegold hw

i think i already know which one i wanna keep, but thought i'd get some opinions on here as well!! i was actually very surprised to see some subtle differences between the two and thought there was only one version, but apparently not!! so from doing my research, turns out the parchment, azure, toffee all look the same, while the eggshell and black (both with rosegold hw) have slight differences. let me show yall what i mean!!

first is parchment

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 646
next is eggshell

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 650
side by side comparison.... notice the differences???

the leather is definitely different... parchment is more smooth as u can see, while eggshell is more distressed but softer.....

front flap is also different, as well as the clasps to close the bag - the parchment closes more securely IMO

and lastly, did yall notice the inside???? parchment has the middle zip pocket dividing it into two compartments while eggshell has just one main compartment!

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 659
lastly, i always do mod shots cause i think it's helpful for size reference
i'm 5'1" (holla back shortie!! :P)

thanks for letting me share! i'd love to get your opinions as well!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
and lastly..... my other Wang came in today as well!!! had to search high and low for this baby cause it's sold out everywhere!!! but thanks to an awesome fellow Wangster on here, i managed to track this down all the way from Europe!!!

PRISMA TOTE IN AZURE!!!!!!! :yahoo::happydance::woot::loveeyes::loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 635
it's so light i love it!!! and the fit is awesome on the shoulders!!! whoo hoo!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Got ya! Love this thread! I'm a new follower of Wang as I got a Rocco--didn't love the citrus color and fell in love the Emile instead!

I prefer the Parchment in design--it's less fussy. However, since your Prisma in azure has silver gray hardware and you want to have different hardware I would keep the Eggshell. I'm also a sucker for soft, buttery leather.

I like the rosegold hardware on the eggshell, its very flattering. I have one in the black, But I think the type of leather on the parchment will be easier to look after, so I think the parchment is a keeper. And love ur prizma tote in azure, I never took the plunge because I thought it would be heavy, is it a heavy tote?

My opinion is go for the Parchment.. from the photos, it just presented itself better.. the leather looks more even and I think in the photos the hardware and the leather go really well together. It might just be me.. but that's my vote!

Also your Azure Prisma Tote is adorable!

side note: I just got a Marion too!!! I got it in Spice (on sale at theOutnet.com) so it was a steal and keeper :smile:

I can't believe how different the two Marion's are...pretty shocking! But I def. prefer the parchment! Looks more refined to me...and I prefer the leather and silver hardware. LOVE the Prisma! Azure is gorgeous!!

Yowza, cee!! I swear, there's something about you and Wang that are a match made in heaven! Hot, hot, hot!!

I LOVE your Marions.... can you keep them both??? :graucho: Omg, okay, if I had to pick, I do like the leather better on the Parchment... but I'm a rose gold JUNKIE!! Ahhh... rough choice!!

Your Azure Prisma is drop-dead, bananas, stunning. I was mistaken about Bal Outremer being the prettiest blue out there... THIS is!!

Congrats on the gorge new additions, girlie! :ghi5:

My opinion is go for the Parchment.. from the photos, it just presented itself better.. the leather looks more even and I think in the photos the hardware and the leather go really well together. It might just be me.. but that's my vote!

Also your Azure Prisma Tote is adorable!

side note: I just got a Marion too!!! I got it in Spice (on sale at theOutnet.com) so it was a steal and keeper :smile:

You JUST got a marion in Spice!!! Sooo lucky!! I wish I saw it on sale!

BTW,to the OP I die for your Prisma in azure!

Last edited:
Got ya! Love this thread! I'm a new follower of Wang as I got a Rocco--didn't love the citrus color and fell in love the Emile instead!

I prefer the Parchment in design--it's less fussy. However, since your Prisma in azure has silver gray hardware and you want to have different hardware I would keep the Eggshell. I'm also a sucker for soft, buttery leather.

thanks pink!!! :huh::huh:O i'm also on the lookout for the perfect EMILE!! that's gonna be my next wang! whoo hoo!

i actually already have rosegold.... my boy Rocco is black w/ beautiful RG bullet studs!!! :P the black nickel looks like brushed silver/gunmetal while the hw on the azure is true silver. ahhh wish i could keep both!!! lol

Gorgeous pieces cee! I'd go for the parchment!
Congrats in finding the prisma tote! It is amazing!

thanks traveler!!! :hugs:

I like the rosegold hardware on the eggshell, its very flattering. I have one in the black, But I think the type of leather on the parchment will be easier to look after, so I think the parchment is a keeper. And love ur prizma tote in azure, I never took the plunge because I thought it would be heavy, is it a heavy tote?

angela, thanks for weighin in!! and the prisma is actually very light!!! i was pleasantly surprised!! :biggrin: if you're still thinkin about it, i'd recommend checkin it out again! :graucho: