••Ah! I did the unthinkable! I dunked a LEGACY vachetta bag! {results}••

Great job, isn't it great how TPF helps us expand our skills?

Glad that the lining didn't run at all. Now I'd like to know, will you be keeping her for yourself or is your lending service still available? :graucho:

I was sooooo scared to do it, but figured what do I have to lose?

I'm amazed at how well she cleaned up! The color transfer is gone, the corners are clean, the lining is clean......I'm ecstatic!! Now my mom wants her back, and I'm like "No way! Not yet! I did the work, I'm going to enjoy her for awhile!"

Wow! She came out great! You should be very proud of yourself, you did a great job!

I want to see the accessories inside. They look pretty too. :smile:

Wow! She came out great! You should be very proud of yourself, you did a great job!

I want to see the accessories inside. They look pretty too. :smile:

Current accessories:
Poppy whipstitch wristlet in natural, Kristin woven fashion wristlet in tuberose, and legacy satin coin purse

15d6c3c9.jpg

I think you have inspired me. I bought a clay colored legacy bag off of ebay (I probably should have filed a claim, but that is another thread), and it is pretty bad - it smells like smoke and it is filthy. It has been sitting in my garage for a year, because I won't let it in my house:P. Next week starts summer vacation, so I will have time...
Congrats on your bag, she looks great! Did you do anything special with the hardware?

Current accessories:
Poppy whipstitch wristlet in natural, Kristin woven fashion wristlet in tuberose, and legacy satin coin purse

15d6c3c9.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Love your accessories too, so pretty! You have such great taste!

I wish I'd gotten in on a few of the Legacy bags. They seem so durable, if you can wash them like that and they come out looking so good.

I think you have inspired me. I bought a clay colored legacy bag off of ebay (I probably should have filed a claim, but that is another thread), and it is pretty bad - it smells like smoke and it is filthy. It has been sitting in my garage for a year, because I won't let it in my house:P. Next week starts summer vacation, so I will have time...
Congrats on your bag, she looks great! Did you do anything special with the hardware?

Thanks!
I didn't do anything with/to the hardware. Just good ole Dawn liquid in the sink with warm water and a small towel as a rag, and that was for the leather and lining. Took the stains right off, and now that it's dry and conditioned, it smells just like Legacy leather as before!