Carrying a Kelly Effortlessly - A Poll

How do you usually carry your Kelly?

• Handheld

• Use shoulder strap

• Handheld with the shoulder strap inside for emergency use

• Using the hand strap like a shoulder strap (Yes you Lala)

• My Kelly sits in the closet because it is a pain

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a vintage 32 BBK sellier and I find it hard to look effortless with. It didn't come with a strap so I always carry it handheld.

I think using scarves as a strap would make it look a little more casual though!
9.jpg

Great pic. I have wondered if something like this could be done with a pochette--not that I have one.

I carried thru my arm but after 30 mins my arm was too tired. I am 5'2" and arm size is the same as a 6 yrs old kid. .

I used to stand with all my weight on one side. One day I was trying on clothes and realized the calf muscle that was doing all the work was much bigger than the other one. You better shift that Kelly from side to side. You would look very funny with one giant arm. :P Just joking but it is a funny mental image.

Oh, my dear Iwantaspybag :hugs:,
(I feel so honored to have merited a multiple-choice option! :flowers:)

For comfortable shoulder-wearing, inquire about having a custom length strap made for your kelly that is significantly shorter than the original kelly strap. The custom strap should let the kelly bag hang next to your torso so that it hits above your hip and wears like a hobo bag. I find this more comfortable than having the kelly hit at or below my hip with the original kelly strap.

You deserve a multiple choice option. Your under arm workhorse is genius. Not that my 6 foot frame and my 28 Kelly are going to be able to pull that off, but seeing your picture in under arm mode inspired me to consider a big Kelly to carry that way.

I get your point about not having it sit on the hip. Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not have a kelly so its a little hard for me to participate in the poll - but I LOVE THIS THREAD!:tup: I look forward to all your tips as also need the training before I get a kelly. So please do keep the educational tips coming....

I have a vintage 32 BBK sellier and I find it hard to look effortless with. It didn't come with a strap so I always carry it handheld.

I think using scarves as a strap would make it look a little more casual though!
9.jpg

lovely! great ideas here!

Ooooh Good tip.

I have an elephant cadena and a small square scarf on mine. I spent a whole day trying to figure out where and how to attach them. Kelly training is hard work.

I would like to find a scarf this size that has taupe, gray, brown, and black for this bag. Anyone have any suggestions?

congratulations - very beautiful!

When carry a kelly, with the strap on, especially when carry in hand. already has a effortless look imho. I live a very casual life I like the kelly because the strap can give me free hands.
Here is a few pic to share.

Casual, very causal with bougainvillea kelly 35 clemence GHW. A very sporty day out.
so elegant! thank you for the inspiration.:cool:

I carry my 35 kelly with the shoulder strap on all the time and find it very useful - when the bag gets full and heavy or i need my hands free i just used the shoulder strap.

You are in the majority.

I like holding my Kelly. I get a little scared when I use the strap on my shoulder unless I sling the strap across.

Are you afraid someone might grab it or are you concerned about something else?

a little OT but i think it does apply here

i live in a 3rd world country though it's rapidly developing and i feel no threat whatsoever. firstly i don't go out at night ( if i do i get a chauffeured car) but in the day, i find that most people don't dare to approach me as i sort of stalk around, i find most people target weak or perceived weak looking people who look like they are afraid of being mugged. so far, thank GOD, i've been safe. if you walk confidently and don't wear obvious jewellery, watches etc. it is pretty safe. my shoes and bags and clothes are carefully chosen, expensive; H and other brands. Even H-fans might not even know it's H, for example my cotton shirts are actually Hermes and shoes too but they're not blingy or OTT.

i think so long as you are in a relatively safe place, with zippered bags and dress well without obvious jewellery and watches, it's ok.

ps. i will bag slap someone to the ground if he/she has designs on running off with my bag (clothes and shoes-snatching is a bit difficult though lol). i've lots of pent-up stress and anger so God help that person who targets me.

also my H bags are mostly neutrals, no brights, i blend in the crowd.

Reactions: Mali_
For comfortable shoulder-wearing, inquire about having a custom length strap made for your kelly that is significantly shorter than the original kelly strap. The custom strap should let the kelly bag hang next to your torso so that it hits above your hip and wears like a hobo bag. I find this more comfortable than having the kelly hit at or below my hip with the original kelly strap.

For casual "on the go" hands-free kelly training opportunities, inquire about having a custom length canvas strap made that is long enough so you can wear your kelly cross-body messenger-style. Since your bag is sellier, you might find it more comfortable to wear the kelly messenger-style but with the bag hanging slightly behind you instead of smack upside your front hip bone.

HTH!

Lala is so right about the straps. I find the regular leather straps OK but I just love Kellys with canvas straps. This is a pic of my amazone 32 Kelly with the shorter strap and worn this way, it's very comfortable.

I managed to buy a Lakis strap of evilbay for my ebene togo Kelly and that works really well too.

Somehow, held underarm, the Kelly feels more secure. I sometimes leave it latched with the flap tucked in but my arm helps support the weight and keep the gape from being too obvious. I imagine this would work as well with a sellier.

this is a great thread!

: ps. i will bag slap someone to the ground if he/she has designs on running off with my bag (clothes and shoes-snatching is a bit difficult though lol). i've lots of pent-up stress and anger so God help that person who targets me.

Loves

Loves! I just love this! Lord forbid I ever happen to brush up against you on a dark night!:P

Attachments

• DSC_0335.jpg
    DSC_0335.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,269
  • DSC_0334.jpg
    DSC_0334.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,233
Reactions: Mali_ and doni
Lala is so right about the straps. I find the regular leather straps OK but I just love Kellys with canvas straps. This is a pic of my amazone 32 Kelly with the shorter strap and worn this way, it's very comfortable.

I managed to buy a Lakis strap of evilbay for my ebene togo Kelly and that works really well too.

Somehow, held underarm, the Kelly feels more secure. I sometimes leave it latched with the flap tucked in but my arm helps support the weight and keep the gape from being too obvious. I imagine this would work as well with a sellier.

this is a great thread!

Loves! I just love this! Lord forbid I ever happen to brush up against you on a dark night!:P

lol :graucho:

love your kelly btw. the canvas strap makes it look more sturdy too aka harder to snatch

i find that most people don't dare to approach me as i sort of stalk around,

i will bag slap someone to the ground if he/she has designs on running off with my bag (clothes and shoes-snatching is a bit difficult though lol). i've lots of pent-up stress and anger so God help that person who targets me.

:bagslap:

We are similar. Because I am so very tall and my annoyed look really scares people, people seldom approach me. I have so perfected the "I want to be left alone" vibes, that more than once, the chair next to me is the last one to be filled in an auditorium. I feel like I am much more a danger to my bag than someone else is.

It is very interesting to think about Hermes in a 3rd world country. Thanks for sharing.

looking at this thread making me want to order the amazon strap for my Kelly, but I already ordered for my Evelyne the none adjustable strap and my SA said that my order was the last order accepted, no more strap order for my local store. I have to wait 1 year to get my Evelyne strap. Do you tpfers know where to buy the amazon strap without have to order it?

Cheers, MrsRance

:bagslap:

We are similar. Because I am so very tall and my annoyed look really scares people, people seldom approach me. I have so perfected the "I want to be left alone" vibes, that more than once, the chair next to me is the last one to be filled in an auditorium. I feel like I am much more a danger to my bag than someone else is.

It is very interesting to think about Hermes in a 3rd world country. Thanks for sharing.

I am very short but it's in the attitude :smile: Age helps too.

I just moved to this place for work, where I was born it's pretty affluent. It really does open my eyes and makes me very grateful for what I was given in life.

a little OT but i think it does apply here

i live in a 3rd world country though it's rapidly developing and i feel no threat whatsoever. firstly i don't go out at night ( if i do i get a chauffeured car) but in the day, i find that most people don't dare to approach me as i sort of stalk around, i find most people target weak or perceived weak looking people who look like they are afraid of being mugged. so far, thank GOD, i've been safe. if you walk confidently and don't wear obvious jewellery, watches etc. it is pretty safe. my shoes and bags and clothes are carefully chosen, expensive; H and other brands. Even H-fans might not even know it's H, for example my cotton shirts are actually Hermes and shoes too but they're not blingy or OTT.

i think so long as you are in a relatively safe place, with zippered bags and dress well without obvious jewellery and watches, it's ok.

ps. i will bag slap someone to the ground if he/she has designs on running off with my bag (clothes and shoes-snatching is a bit difficult though lol). i've lots of pent-up stress and anger so God help that person who targets me.

also my H bags are mostly neutrals, no brights, i blend in the crowd.

Loves you are one tough cookie!!!:bagslap:My goodness, we may have to get you into a sport before you hurt someone!!;)I too try to give the evil look...I think it works.:flowers:

IWantASpyBag:lol:Geez you are tough!!! I feel bad for the last person in the auditorium!!:lol: