Wallet Dilemma!

JennaLove

Saudi on the Edge
Mar 21, 2007
I bought my white Monogram Multicolore Porte-Trésor International (I actually had to look up the proper name of the wallet lol, I would've called it the long white one with all the colors. Dork :P ) wallet about a year ago, and it has gotten SO dirty! I noticed that after putting it in my bag with a black cloth lining (a Balenciaga) some of the black dye from the cloth rubbed off on it or something. The white is more of a gray in some areas and it's annoying me. I took it to an LV boutique and the sales man told me to try rubbing it clean with a soapy wash cloth:cursing: needless to say he made me mad when he said that.. my point is: does anyone have any advice or know what to do? I just bought a new wallet (Damier Azur:heart: ) but I still love that wallet and hate what's happened to it!

I've Cherry Blossom PTI and they've similiar linning material. I brought one of them ( I've 2 ) to LV and they said it's normal, ok, I know but however we all still hope we've excellent condition LV, right? ;)
I tried to clean it with Clinique make up remover with cotton and magic..! All the black colors have gone :smile: I know it's mad but I've no idea since LV can't help...

That is the issue with light items, regardless of being LV or not. You will get color transfer .

Perhaps if your bags are darker you'd might be better off with a monogram or damier wallet maybe even epi.

As for cleaning said wallet, perhaps GENTLY using magic ereaser.. rubbing gently so that you dont rub the lv's off.

good luck!

I bought my white Monogram Multicolore Porte-Trésor International (I actually had to look up the proper name of the wallet lol, I would've called it the long white one with all the colors. Dork :P ) wallet about a year ago, and it has gotten SO dirty! I noticed that after putting it in my bag with a black cloth lining (a Balenciaga) some of the black dye from the cloth rubbed off on it or something. The white is more of a gray in some areas and it's annoying me. I took it to an LV boutique and the sales man told me to try rubbing it clean with a soapy wash cloth:cursing: needless to say he made me mad when he said that.. my point is: does anyone have any advice or know what to do? I just bought a new wallet (Damier Azur:heart: ) but I still love that wallet and hate what's happened to it!

I will definitely try the baby wipes. As for the magic eraser, I don't think they sell them here (Saudi), I've looked everywhere :hrmm:

Thanks for all your help guys! :smile:

sorry I don't get it, why are you mad that he suggested to use a soapy washcloth? :confused1:

and I agree with everyone here, Huggies baby wipes, alcohol (for penmarks mainly imo), eyemakeup remover...etc :yes: