Glycolic Peels at Home!

rin

Sep 26, 2006
I'm so excited! I just found a place online that sells professional strength pure glycolic acid. It's the stuff that spas use for your facials. ;) They had different strengths (30%, 40% and 50%). They suggested starting with 40%, and I got just that. My skin always feels and looks sooo nice and soft after a glycolic peel at a spa, but I'd rather put the extra $100/month towards a bag or a pair of shoes, :P so I just CANNOT wait to start doing this more often at home.

Does any one of you use something like this at home?

This sounds scary to me...Sorry.

I'm def. not the type of person who would do something like this by myself...I'm scared to do anything to myself that it takes a trained professional to do, lol. And if they screw it up, I would have somebody other than myself to blame, lol

I have bought these peels - a glycolic one and, latterly, a lactic acid one (supposed to be gentler). I've never used either cos I'm too scared of looking like a burns victim afterwards :wtf:.

My skin, though quite oily, can be very sensitive and peels even if I put Oxy on it for 2 days :sad:

Is your skin not sensitive and do you think that is why you don't get burned by these products? :shrugs:

I have bought these peels - a glycolic one and, latterly, a lactic acid one (supposed to be gentler). I've never used either cos I'm too scared of looking like a burns victim afterwards :wtf:.

My skin, though quite oily, can be very sensitive and peels even if I put Oxy on it for 2 days :sad:

Is your skin not sensitive and do you think that is why you don't get burned by these products? :shrugs:

My skin's pretty sensitive too, that's why I don't leave it on for too long. Usually just 4-5 minutes, then moisterizer right after I rinse it off. My face never got red or peeled from it. If your skin is really sensitive you can space out the treatments more I guess. I do it once a week, you can try maybe once every two weeks. Hope this helped. :smile:

My skin's pretty sensitive too, that's why I don't leave it on for too long. Usually just 4-5 minutes, then moisterizer right after I rinse it off. My face never got red or peeled from it. If your skin is really sensitive you can space out the treatments more I guess. I do it once a week, you can try maybe once every two weeks. Hope this helped. :smile:

Yes, thanks, it has helped. I think it is the word 'acid' that scares me! But you say your skin has improved noticably using this peel?

I'm so excited! I just found a place online that sells professional strength pure glycolic acid. It's the stuff that spas use for your facials. ;) They had different strengths (30%, 40% and 50%). They suggested starting with 40%, and I got just that. My skin always feels and looks sooo nice and soft after a glycolic peel at a spa, but I'd rather put the extra $100/month towards a bag or a pair of shoes, :P so I just CANNOT wait to start doing this more often at home.

Does any one of you use something like this at home?

http://makeupartistschoice.com/ :yes:

I have ordered several from them.