Glycolic Peels at Home!

rin, do you use a glycolic cream/moisturiser as well? what strength glycolic did you have at the spa?

No, this is the only thing that I use that has glycolic acid in it. Everything else I use is very mild, like cetaphil and tea tree oil toner, etc.. I got the 40% strength one, because I read that it's just right. 30% would be okay if your skin is reeaally sensitive and you want to start light, and 50% might be too much for my skin.

Here it is: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acids at LaraChem.com They carry Vitamin C serums and many other professional grade goodies too! :nuts:

Yup, I do 50% and I buy it from LaraChem, too. I've used their Vitamin C serum, too. It's also great! I would recommend, as well, the Hyaluronic Acid as this is one of the most moisturizing properties known to man! Each molecule can hold up to 350% of it's own weight in moisture. It is what is used in surgeries when they open you up, they slather your organs in Hyaluronic Acid so that they don't dry out while they're exposed to the air. It is found in GOOD hair care products, too. Provided the molecular weight is right on.............there's nothing better!!!

^ Whoops. I think I meant if the acid should come with a neutralizer. I've seen some sites that offer it with the acid and other without it. I don't remember if I read that you could just use water instead?

^ Whoops. I think I meant if the acid should come with a neutralizer. I've seen some sites that offer it with the acid and other without it. I don't remember if I read that you could just use water instead?

Hmm, according to the instructions on their website no neutralizer is needed. I think the treatment is not harmful enough to need one, as long as you dont leave it on your skin for a lot longer than recommended.

I've been using the 30% peel from Makeup Artist's Choice for about a month now and I notice a HUGE difference. I'm only 21 and have no wrinkles, but everything, including my freckles, is evening out. I love it. It's one of my favorite things to do each week. I usually spend the rest of the night running around the house asking my husband to touch my skin and tell me how smooth it is.

I'm really interested in this! ~ I've never done an at home peel before. I do use a glycolic acid toner & I love it! Just a question though, do you just put on moisturizer after your done? Is there anything to avoid putting on your face after you do the treatment? Thx!

I'm really interested in this! ~ I've never done an at home peel before. I do use a glycolic acid toner & I love it! Just a question though, do you just put on moisturizer after your done? Is there anything to avoid putting on your face after you do the treatment? Thx!

I'm curious about the same thing

kinda OT: has anyone tried the TCA peels at home!?! It would be pretty daring but I was just wondering!?!

I also do TCA peels at home or have my PS do them for me. He is a great friend and someone I see regularly so he just slaps it on for me! You really need to stay out of the sun after you've done one.

As far as pH is concerned, you always need to neutralize afterwards! When you use the term, "pH balanced"....pH balanced to what? A lemon? Saliva? Lye? What?
The pH of your skin and hair is 4.5-5.5 so if you're using a product that has an acidic pH of 2.0 how is that balanced? Basically, it's not! That's why it works! However, the pH of water is 7.0 so, guess what? 7-2=5 so you're right there in the ball park. Your water is your neutralizer.
Same scenario, you've just colored your hair and have the cuticle of your hair opened up and you use an ACIDIFIER to close the cuticle. Guess what it's pH is generally going to be? Miraculously about 2.0 add in your water and there you have it.................................Ta Da....not rocket science but whatever...................

You would want to avoid putting anything else that even remotely resembles a resurfacer. Anything with Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Salacilyc Acids, etc. Stick with a heavy moisturizer,Shea Butter, night cream I personally use Sleepwear from Bioelements after using a moisturizing masque.

Yeah, and SALT, too.....really avoid that as it hurts like hell:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

You would want to avoid putting anything else that even remotely resembles a resurfacer. Anything with Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Salacilyc Acids, etc. Stick with a heavy moisturizer,Shea Butter, night cream I personally use Sleepwear from Bioelements after using a moisturizing masque.

Yeah, and SALT, too.....really avoid that as it hurts like hell:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Great, Thanks! I'm going to give this a try... I'm also going to get the Hyaluronic Acid moisturizer from the LaraChem site. Man, I'm such a skincare junkie! Like needing to get my fix:nuts: I heard ya on the salt thing~ I once had the bright idea to do a salt scrub (after shaving my legs).. Holy Hell! Now I stick to sugar scrubs, LOL!