Authenticate This GUCCI - Read the Rules & Use the Format in Posts #1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post is typical of those made either by sellers who've been caught selling fakes or by someone with an "agenda."

Anyone can google and do the same "research" you did. And if you did further "research," you'd find that those same people who claim tPF supports its members selling fakes are the same ones who came here to defend their fake listings. Those are the people who post such nonsense and it's their sock puppets who believe everything they read.

And since you've only done part of your research, I recommend you also google some of the reputable stores you patronize and see that they, too have had allegations of fake bags. Some have been falsely accused while others were victims themselves of dishonest buyers.

One thing your post does is to confirm why it's never recommended that buyers take their items to stores for "authentication." Most of the time, SAs are wrong. They aren't qualified, trained or even allowed to authenticate.

Noted that you didn't respond to the fact that your own authenticators called out some of the bags being sold by forum members on tPF's site are selling fakes or why your "authenticators" labeled the bag I bought at Saks as a fake...your response was simply misdirection. I believe that there are some very knowledgeable people on this site however, I also have been proven correct that just because it's on tPF doesn't make it accurate or gospel. My point in all of this is that for a group that claims to be consumer advocates, it seems like a conflict of interest when your experts are attempting to discredited other selling platforms at the same time promoting their own businesses. It's a shame because I think the intent of the site is good but the execution has fallen by the way-side. You cannot at least acknowledge that there is the same ratio of dishonesty on this site as any other selling medium. Would be an interesting "internal audit"...

doodle24 said:
Noted that you didn't respond to the fact that your own authenticators called out some of the bags being sold by forum members on tPF's site are selling fakes or why your "authenticators" labeled the bag I bought at Saks as a fake...your response was simply misdirection. I believe that there are some very knowledgeable people on this site however, I also have been proven correct that just because it's on tPF doesn't make it accurate or gospel. My point in all of this is that for a group that claims to be consumer advocates, it seems like a conflict of interest when your experts are attempting to discredited other selling platforms at the same time promoting their own businesses. It's a shame because I think the intent of the site is good but the execution has fallen by the way-side. You cannot at least acknowledge that there is the same ratio of dishonesty on this site as any other selling medium. Would be an interesting "internal audit"...

I've never seen an authenticator on this thread and the Dior thread where I am a frequent to promote the sellers on this forum. In fact, I did not know you can sell on this forum until you pointed out in your earlier post. So I cannot agree with you that this site is discrediting other sites to promote the sellers on this forum. Because we know there are dishonest sellers online on all selling platforms, we come here to seek expert opinions for authentication. There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the authentication threads that these are the authenticators opinions and if you don't trust the conclusion you can always pay someone to do it. If you are so sure that the bag you bought from Saks is authentic, you can prove the authenticator may have made a mistake by getting it authenticated by a professional authentication site. Really, no need to discredit the authenticators or the forum.

Originally Posted by BeenBurned Your post is typical of those made either by sellers who've been caught selling fakes or by someone with an "agenda."

Anyone can google and do the same "research" you did. And if you did further "research," you'd find that those same people who claim tPF supports its members selling fakes are the same ones who came here to defend their fake listings. Those are the people who post such nonsense and it's their sock puppets who believe everything they read.

And since you've only done part of your research, I recommend you also google some of the reputable stores you patronize and see that they, too have had allegations of fake bags. Some have been falsely accused while others were victims themselves of dishonest buyers.

One thing your post does is to confirm why it's never recommended that buyers take their items to stores for "authentication." Most of the time, SAs are wrong. They aren't qualified, trained or even allowed to authenticate.

I didn't respond to what you state as "fact" about forum members calling out fakes being sold by members because tpf rules disallow members advertising their own items, posting their listing(s) for authentication or otherwise making themselves publicly known. Thus, there's absolutely no merit to your conclusions nor to the BS you read on the internet.

Originally Posted by BeenBurned Your post is typical of those made either by sellers who've been caught selling fakes or by someone with an "agenda."

I didn't respond to what you state as "fact" about forum members calling out fakes being sold by members because tpf rules disallow members advertising their own items, posting their listing(s) for authentication or otherwise making themselves publicly known. Thus, there's absolutely no merit to your conclusions nor to the BS you read on the internet.

Full disclosure: while tPF cannot advertise specific items for sale, they are allowed to promote their sites and MOST of your authenticators recommend buying from other members. Again, I DO believe that there are some legitimate people on this site that are doing it for no other reason than to help buyers however...this is not a "pure" forum that is in place only to promote consumer advocacy. I believe that in order for there to be an altruistic forum that it should be comprised of people that don;t have a vested interest in it. Truly not trying to discredit the entire forum but it becomes the same debacle as ebay...who to trust? Make sense?

Hi All,

Please help me authenticate this gucci Positano tote.

Model: Gucci Positano
Pictures Taken by: Seller

Please see pictures below. :smile:

427813_159701834158509_100003560812885_207163_1384636399_n.jpg

561763_159701887491837_100003560812885_207164_67809837_n.jpg

GUCCI_Positano_Beige_Trims_34928d65000a87c1af56_6.jpg

536062_159702047491821_100003560812885_207169_671911248_n.jpg

561949_159701947491831_100003560812885_207166_1684300906_n.jpg

Thanks a lot and hope you can help me tell if it is authentic or not :smile:

May I ask what your credentials are? I forward the trend to the manager of the store I know and she believes it is real too. We need to be carefully when our opinions. ;)

Hi,

are you referring to my post about the Positano? But do you see any red flags that it's fake?

I checked other pictures of positano online and its serials and the number of digits match the only thing I saw different is the font. The other picture of a "9" I saw in ebay is this:

pure_003.jpg

Theres a difference in the curves of the "9" but then I am guessing sometimes there's difference in the country and the year the bag was made. But then I wanted to be 100% sure so I would like to ask for your help.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.