Authenticate This GUCCI - Read the Rules & Use the Format in Posts #1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please authenticate this bag for me. TIA!

Name: Gucci Leather Handbag/Purse
Item#: 261011745976
Seller: b747pilotcap
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...6LVQKhgoo0AAwecRUcIcs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Comment: I bought it already but have not paid. The seller sent me more pictures and responded quickly. It looks authentic to me but I need your expert opinion to confirm. Thank you!

CorvettePics4-27-2012029.jpg

CorvettePics4-27-2012028.jpg

CorvettePics4-27-2012026.jpg

CorvettePics4-27-2012023.jpg

CorvettePics4-27-2012022.jpg

GucciSerialNumber002.jpg

this is actually authentic. but please post pics of YOUR bag so i can determine authenticity.
Odd because I took mine to the Gucci counter in Saks and they said that that style NEVER had satin lining. Although she is not supposed to authenticate she did say that "this exact bag was sold in our stores several years ago" when referring to mine.
Also, I did a little more "research" and found that many of the member on the Purse Forum are actually selling fakes on their stores. Just for fun I sent a link to one of the purses being sold on here to this forum for authentication and one of your own called it out as a fake.
Very disappointing. So that you know what prompted me to do so...2 years ago I personally purchased a Gucci from Saks (i have my own salesperson there because I buy so frequently) and for kicks I decided to see just how good the authenticators were on this site. The previous evening I was having dinner with some Girlfriends and they were telling me about this forum and how the "authenticators" generally tried to direct people away from ebay (your biggest competitor) by erroneously telling people that they were looking at fakes even if they weren't! I told my friends that I was going to have some fun with it and see if your "authenticators" would call my real Gucci a fake (I told them I was looking to buy it on ebay he he). Sure enough...they called it a fake. Boo and shame on this forum for being essentially a band of sellers of fake products just trying to discredit their competition.
One final note...I've never bought a bag on ebay and am fully aware that there are some fakes and replicas on that site.

Hi, i'm new to the forum so please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong! I have fairly recently inherited a huge number of handbags and will be needing to sell some due to lack of space (although there are a few that i have fallen in love with!). I don't know where to begin as most of the bags bear high-end designer names - i'm hoping you lovely people can help me. Here's a Gucci bag i found amongst the gems - looks quite convincing to me - let me know what you think!

ebay only 1709.jpg

ebay only 1712.jpg

ebay only 1714.jpg

ebay only 1715.jpg

ebay only 1718.jpg

Item name : not known
Link : N/A
Seller : N/A
Who took the pictures : Me!
History of the bag : Inherited from my Gran (a huge fan of anything Italian made). Looks like the lining has fallen apart a bit and been swept out. No idea when she would have bought it!

Odd because I took mine to the Gucci counter in Saks and they said that that style NEVER had satin lining. Although she is not supposed to authenticate she did say that "this exact bag was sold in our stores several years ago" when referring to mine.
Also, I did a little more "research" and found that many of the member on the Purse Forum are actually selling fakes on their stores. Just for fun I sent a link to one of the purses being sold on here to this forum for authentication and one of your own called it out as a fake.
Very disappointing. So that you know what prompted me to do so...2 years ago I personally purchased a Gucci from Saks (i have my own salesperson there because I buy so frequently) and for kicks I decided to see just how good the authenticators were on this site. The previous evening I was having dinner with some Girlfriends and they were telling me about this forum and how the "authenticators" generally tried to direct people away from ebay (your biggest competitor) by erroneously telling people that they were looking at fakes even if they weren't! I told my friends that I was going to have some fun with it and see if your "authenticators" would call my real Gucci a fake (I told them I was looking to buy it on ebay he he). Sure enough...they called it a fake. Boo and shame on this forum for being essentially a band of sellers of fake products just trying to discredit their competition.
One final note...I've never bought a bag on ebay and am fully aware that there are some fakes and replicas on that site.

I am not sure what your purpose is to discredit the authenticators on this forum and this forum. We only have one regular authenticator on this thread and she's very honest about her opinions. I see her giving both fake and authentic opinions for ebay sellers. She even commented when a non-authenticator giving wrong opinion about an authentic bag being fake. She said it's unfair to the seller's reputation when you don't know that you are talking about. Also, I didn't know you can sell on this forum and I can't find it even I just tried now. Could you send me the link where I can sell my un-used bags?

I, and other members, I am sure, who have been gotten help from this thread and this forum for authentication really appreciate what the authenticators do here.

Ajin said:
I am not sure what your purpose is to discredit the authenticators on this forum and this forum. We only have one regular authenticator on this thread and she's very honest about her opinions. I see her giving both fake and authentic opinions for ebay sellers. She even commented when a non-authenticator giving wrong opinion about an authentic bag being fake. She said it's unfair to the seller's reputation when you don't know that you are talking about. Also, I didn't know you can sell on this forum and I can't find it even I just tried now. Could you send me the link where I can sell my un-used bags?

I, and other members, I am sure, who have been gotten help from this thread and this forum for authentication really appreciate what the authenticators do here.

The selling forum on here is private! You have to be approved to get in

Item Name (if you know it): Gucci Sukey Large Tote
Seller: eBay - Yuleigh
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: I just recently purchased this handbag from eBay
Comments: Please please help authenticate this handbag. I recently purchased this from eBay. It did not come with a box, tags, or a dustbag. I tried to take the best pictures as I could. I uploaded the pics to picasa, heres the link: https://picasaweb.google.com/113314487659978315124/DropBox?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMvh1qe7ot-hjQE&feat=directlink

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Item Name (if you know it): Princy Wallet?
Seller: Bought from a Thrift Store
Who took the pictures: Me
History of the bag: Used/Worn
Comments: Do you happen to know the correct name?

Attachments

• princyw3.jpg
    princyw3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 111
  • princyw4.jpg
    princyw4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 106
  • princyw1.jpg
    princyw1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 114
  • princyw2.jpg
    princyw2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 112
Your post is typical of those made either by sellers who've been caught selling fakes or by someone with an "agenda."

Anyone can google and do the same "research" you did. And if you did further "research," you'd find that those same people who claim tPF supports its members selling fakes are the same ones who came here to defend their fake listings. Those are the people who post such nonsense and it's their sock puppets who believe everything they read.

And since you've only done part of your research, I recommend you also google some of the reputable stores you patronize and see that they, too have had allegations of fake bags. Some have been falsely accused while others were victims themselves of dishonest buyers.

One thing your post does is to confirm why it's never recommended that buyers take their items to stores for "authentication." Most of the time, SAs are wrong. They aren't qualified, trained or even allowed to authenticate.

Please help....I received this cosmetic pouch as a gift a couple of years ago but have never used it (it's a bit on the small side). I did the best I could but here are some pictures of the bag. Thanks!
*number on the tag is 154432 002122*

Attachments

• gucci5.jpg
    gucci5.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 98
  • gucci4.jpg
    gucci4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 92
  • gucci3.jpg
    gucci3.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 98
  • gucci2.jpg
    gucci2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 98
  • gucci1.jpg
    gucci1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 93
  • gucci6.jpg
    gucci6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 91
  • gucci7.jpg
    gucci7.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 100
  • gucci8.jpg
    gucci8.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 92
doodle24 said:

Wow. How bad. Never have i experienced any authenticator here actually selling. And we get honest answers all the time. Fake if fake. Authentic if authentic. You can judge and doubt if ALL the items we post here for authentication are told to be fakes. But NO. We get answers such as authentic too.

I cant understand whats your beef really.

beenburned said:
your post is typical of those made either by sellers who've been caught selling fakes or by someone with an "agenda."

anyone can google and do the same "research" you did. And if you did further "research," you'd find that those same people who claim tpf supports its members selling fakes are the same ones who came here to defend their fake listings. Those are the people who post such nonsense and it's their sock puppets who believe everything they read.

And since you've only done part of your research, i recommend you also google some of the reputable stores you patronize and see that they, too have had allegations of fake bags. Some have been falsely accused while others were victims themselves of dishonest buyers.

One thing your post does is to confirm why it's never recommended that buyers take their items to stores for "authentication." most of the time, sas are wrong. They aren't qualified, trained or even allowed to authenticate.

amen! Point perfect :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.