Unindentified CHANEL Bag Please Help

hickeybird

Apr 25, 2006
Hi, hope you can help,please. I have this Chanel bag in grey leather, shaped like a sunglasses case. Does anyone know anything about it? I was told it is a millenium special edition. Thanks, Hickeybird x
Chanel%20Millenium%20SMALL.JPG

The only thing I know about the bag is that it was a special edition 2005 collection bag (but might have been made earlier, and labeled 2005- kinda futuristic).

Believe the SA's called this the "butt" bag and it actually came out for the Millenium (spelling), so the year produced would be 1999-2000. Some versions of the bag have a detachable silver link shoulder strap. The inside of the bag looks like a corset complete with strings. There is the outside edges of the bag and the inside has a compartment fore and aft of the corset and then again inside the corset. I yearned hard and long for this bag, but always hesitated due to the inside space limitation.

The wool version of this bag has been on Bluefly for over a year- no one will put the poor thing out of it's misery (I see that it looks much better in leather). It was released for S/S 1999 and was meant to funtion as a headrest (why I don't know- I'd recommend PM'ing Brian for more info)

Bluefly - Save on Designer Totes, Handbags at 75% Savings at Bluefly.com - #2002118 - Chanel brown wool molded handbag

This made me giggle- the bag op posted looks very pretty.