KINKY Girls LOVE MAKE UP TOO!

I'm not a makeup fanatic, but here are my faves.

Foundation/concealor
Estee Lauder nutritious intensity 4.0 ( this replaced my beloved Prescriptives Real Antelope)
Alima Pure satin matte mineral Warm 6
Diorskin nude 050 dark beige (when tanned)
MAC NW35 concealor
Laura Mercier secret concealor 6 (when tanned)

Cheeks/Bronzer
Urban decay baked
MAC Dainty
Laura Mercier Azalea

Lips
BB heather buff (glossy nude brown)
NYX soft matte lip cream Abu Dhabi (nice matte nude)
Cover girl 335 Embrace (deep purple)
MAC long wear pro matte in Prolong (red)
MAC lipglass in Spite, Fullfilled
MAC lipstick in Blankety (baby pink)
MAC lipstick in Siss (light nude)
NARS lipstick in Cruising (sheer pink)
MAC liner in Stripdown

Wow. So, I totally didn't know that this thread existed. I recently got into foundation (as in last week after work, I went to Target to buy conditioner, and I started perusing their cosmetics selection). I bought my first foundation from the Queen collection for Cover Girl, but I think I want to try a foundation by Nars. I used to wear one of their lip glosses back in the day until it was discontinued, but I didn't try any of their powders or foundation.

I've been a pressed powder kinda chick for years, so this foundation stuff--that I mixed with my regular face lotion this morning before applying--may just be revolutionary for me! :biggrin: But I thought it would be smarter to spend on a less expensive foundation first to see if I would even like the stuff. If not Nars maybe Bobbi Brown. I don't know still.

You may have to try a variety before settling on "the one" so DO NOT be hesitant to ask for a sample so that you can wear it for 2-3 days. When it comes to finding the perfect foundation, for me it didn't matter the cast (drugstore/department store) I just wanted something that matched my skintone and gave me the finish I needed. lol I ended up in love with Make Up Forever HD foundation. Every time I've tried something else (Chanel was a bust as was Covergirl for me) I come right back to MUFE. :lol:

So I tried Nars' tinted moisturizer this week & right now it appears to be a no go. I've been wearing Tahoe in their Sheer Glow foundation & picked up a sample in Malaga. Swatching both on my hand they appear very similar but on my face... nope. It looked like I had some sort of tan. Someone actually came up to me & asked if I've been out in the sun LOL. It also didn't work w/ my oily skin *sigh* I had this on my list to get during Sephora's VIB event this week but sadly it's been crossed off.

What tinted moisturizers are you gals using? Also, are there any other oily mocha ladies out here? I'm trying to find something that works before it gets too hot outside.

So I tried Nars' tinted moisturizer this week & right now it appears to be a no go. I've been wearing Tahoe in their Sheer Glow foundation & picked up a sample in Malaga. Swatching both on my hand they appear very similar but on my face... nope. It looked like I had some sort of tan. Someone actually came up to me & asked if I've been out in the sun LOL. It also didn't work w/ my oily skin *sigh* I had this on my list to get during Sephora's VIB event this week but sadly it's been crossed off.

What tinted moisturizers are you gals using? Also, are there any other oily mocha ladies out here? I'm trying to find something that works before it gets too hot outside.

I've also been trying to get into tinted moisturizers. I was at Sephora this past weekend and swatched the new NARS moisturizer in Seychelles and Laura Mercier in Walnut. I ended up going with the LM, but I've tried to use it twice this week so far and I'm never quite feeling it. I am debating whether or not to keep trying to make a tinted moisturizer work, or, for my summer look, just use a light coverage of MAC matchmaster foundation without a setting powder...

I recently discovered this pro artist and so far, I like her. She gives product reviews, no video tutorials. Simple pics with products listed. Her skin is AMAZING too!!! I like her because she uses a wide range of foundations, not stuck in a MAC rut.

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/

Love Shahada's blog! I've been following for a few months now, and I won a giveaway from her awhile ago that included some great Armani products. The Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara is now a favorite of mine! She uses a lot of high-end makeup products, so I love to search her blog to see how a product looks before I make the investment...

i was wondering how that was turning out for some people. Dang it back to the drawing board.

Hey, it's my first time posting on this forum. Just wanted to add my two cents in.

I'm NC50 super super oily, and I just started using the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. I received a sample from Sephora, after I told the SA that I was looking for a primer to control my oilies. She made me a sample of the BB cream and told me that I wouldn't need a primer anymore. The next day I used the BB Cream and set it with the MUFE HD setting powder and like magic my it kept the oil at bay...I didn't have to blot the entire day (well work day 8am to 6pm..removed it once I got home). I've never experienced anything like this. Yes, the coverage is thin, but I have no problems using a little concealer to cover my spots. I quickly picked up a full size once I used up my sample.

Lovely thread, GoalDigger...

I think it will be nice to list our foundation colors in various brands:

Bobbi Brown Skin - 6 or 6.5 (depending on the time of the year)
Bobbi Brown Powder - Golden Orange
Iman - Clay 4
Priia (mineral) - Toffee
MAC - NC45

Good Idea! why am I now seeing this thread?

Foundations
Bobbi Brown Skin 6.5
MAC-NC50/C7
MAC Matchmaster Foundation 7.5
MUFE HD 177
MUFE Face & Body 12 or 44 (depending on the time of year)
NARS Sheer glow in New Guinea
Revelon Colourstay in # 400 Caramel

Tinted Moisturizers My Favourites!
Becca Luminous skin colour Nuba
Laura Mercier-Walnut

Concealers
Becca-Compact Corrector in Truffle
MUFE Corrective pallet #4
Bronzer( I use it as a blush)
Guerlain in Ebony 08 or Covergirl queen collection ebony bronze
Blush
NARS(most of them with the exception of the 5 that does not suit my skin tone
MAC Ambering Rose, Sweet as Cocoa, Devil, Azelea,Apple Red,Peachtwist, and Fleur Power.
Beauty is life Teracotta and soft glow.
LaFemme Blushes

Highlighters
Beauty is life
MAC
Laura Mercier
Powders
Ben Nye Banana powder
MAC Mineralize skinfinish Natural in Dark

Face products
Bare Minerals Matte- Golden Tan
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation- Golden 6