KINKY Girls LOVE MAKE UP TOO!

I had to get my makeup done yesterday for a career photo and the guy used MAC MatchMaster in 7.0, I have to say, I really like it. I haven't used MAC foundation in YEARS because I hate they way they oxidize. However, this one didn't. It wasn't oily, wasn't too red or too yellow, just right. It's very lightweight, so I think it will be great for the summer.

I like it so much, that I went to Nordstrom and purchased a bottle.

I'm also in love with their MatchMaster foundation. I as looking for a lighter coverage foundation, and was ready to buy the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer when I decided to stop by my MAC on the way to Sephora. I let the MUA swatch it on me and I fell in love. I'm almost finished with my first bottle, and will definitely be buying another... although all the recent raves about the NARS tinted moisturizer definitely have me curious...

Black Opal!!!!!!

Where I live, there is no "drug store makeup" distinction. Just what works for you and what doesn't. These foundations work beautifully for me. I use Truly Topaz and Nutmeg depending on how tanned I am.

I'm trying to get into the land of lipstick. Right now, I'm waay more of a gloss girl.

Wow. So, I totally didn't know that this thread existed. I recently got into foundation (as in last week after work, I went to Target to buy conditioner, and I started perusing their cosmetics selection). I bought my first foundation from the Queen collection for Cover Girl, but I think I want to try a foundation by Nars. I used to wear one of their lip glosses back in the day until it was discontinued, but I didn't try any of their powders or foundation.

I've been a pressed powder kinda chick for years, so this foundation stuff--that I mixed with my regular face lotion this morning before applying--may just be revolutionary for me! :biggrin: But I thought it would be smarter to spend on a less expensive foundation first to see if I would even like the stuff. If not Nars maybe Bobbi Brown. I don't know still.

love this thread! I'm another Nars fan & when I do wear foundation it's their Sheer Glow. Though I have oily skin I actually prefer the glow over the matte formula. I often mix it with Murad's Oil Control Mattifier & use it as a tinted moisturizer. Has anyone tried out the new Nars tinted moisturizers?

Here's my list...

Foundation
-winter, Nars SG Syracuse
-summer, Nars SG Tahoe

Blush
-Nars, Taos
-Nars, Lovejoy
-Tarte Amazon Clay, Tipsy

Lips
-Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color, Twilight

I want to start wearing more bold colors, esp on my eyes, but since I barely know what I'm doing I normally just play it safe LOL!

Perfect thread! I am going through a love affair with lipsticks and I am trying to find the right eye-shadows for that soft, neutral smokey look. Right now I wear

MUFE Face and Body Foundation in Ebony (48)
NARS Exhibit A Blush
MAC Touch lipstick w/ NYX Espresso lipliner
NARS Tanganyka lipstick (had to look up the spelling lol)

Standards

Foundation:
Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation in Tan

Eyeliner:
Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense or
Bliss Lidstick in Sleepy (discontinued :crybaby: :crybaby: )

Mascara:
Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express

Lips:
NYX Lipgloss in 122 Natural (this is my HG nude!)

I have a ton of high-end items but I find I keep going back to my drug store basics :blush:

need help finding a good nude eyeshadow, preferably MAC. i'm a cross between new guinea and new orleans in NARS sheer matte foundation, and I'd love a shadow with a matte, velvet, satin, or deluxe finish.

thanks!

Foundation colors:
MAC NC40 or C4 in face and body
NARS Sheer Glow - stromboli
Lancôme Teint miracle - Bisque 6w
Dior Nude - dark beige
Bare Minerals Matte in golden medium

Fave blushes include;
MAC melba, peachtwist, warm soul
NARS deep throat, sin, super orgasm (torrid in summer)
Alsoloving Laura mercier lotus pink lately

These are some of my fave MAC nude shadows: Naked Lunch (top pick), Honesty and Bamboo. Have you checked out the Color Play section of their site? Really helps to narrow down what you think would work for you.

need help finding a good nude eyeshadow, preferably MAC. i'm a cross between new guinea and new orleans in NARS sheer matte foundation, and I'd love a shadow with a matte, velvet, satin, or deluxe finish.

thanks!