Immediate Help Required!!! Please please please respond!

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
Hi everyone. I am so scatterbrained and late to the game on this one I apologize. i am one of ten bloggers who was asked to take part in a roundtable confrence for Julep about the Julep Maven Program.

Topics of discussion will include:
Products in the Maven box
The future of the Maven program moving into 2012
Monthly shipments
The referral grogram
Any and all questions you may have

for all of you who have taken part in or are part of the maven program, please list anything you would like me to bring to the table.

for all of you who are NOT and have never been Mavens, why? what would YOU guys like me to bring to the discussion?

The thing is - its tomorrow morning! Anyways, let me know!

That's so awesome that you've been chosen to take part in that conference! I am new to purseforum but have been a Julep Maven since the first month! Overall, I love the Maven program! However, I signed up for Maven because I LOVE nail polish and I understand that they are expanding their company with other products (lipgloss/lotion)...but I would like if they always included a polish lover's option. The pros for me are the options to skip a month/free shipping for Mavens/the option to switch your box for another profile. The cons are the rocky start they experienced with billing/slow response to questions to customer service. I believe these issues are beginning to be resolved though!

Well I have only been Maven for two months and the second month I cancelled so I haven't had much experience. I will say that I joined mostly for nail polish so I do agree that a polish lovers option every month would be great. But I have enjoyed the program thus far so I will let others chime in.

I have been a Maven since October.. and so far Im a huge fan of the program! I love the variety of the different boxes, and that I have the option to shelf pull, or pause for the month. I think it would be great to have a Polish Lover's Option every month, with actual polish (no decals).

I also love that this program is available to Canadian's (with no extra charge!) and that the shipping is super fast, even though it has to go through customs!

Overall I have no complaints with the program! And I can't wait to see what Julep has in store for us in 2012!

Loves: Flexibility of the membership (skip a month, send a month to someone, shelf pulls), discounts and free shipping to Mavens

Would like: Polish lovers option monthly

Needs work: Clarity in the referral program, easier and clearer confirmation that a shelf pull has gone through and will be noted correctly (i.e. on the website vs digging around my account to see that my shelf pull went through), simplified first month or intro box

I've only been a maven for two months. I enjoy the free shipping and additional discount. What I worry about for the future of the program is that they will run out of ideas. It seems that it will be hard to keep things interesting. They are showing this by adding make up bags, lip gloss, etc. I'm also afraid to purchase polish on it's own because it will just turn up in a box down the road and I'll have to pause or get another of the same. I never refer anything to anyone so that program isn't for me. My favorite product is the facial for the hands so I hope it will always be available.
Have fun at the meeting!

Loves: Flexibility of the membership (skip a month, send a month to someone, shelf pulls), discounts and free shipping to Mavens

Would like: Polish lovers option monthly

Needs work: Clarity in the referral program, easier and clearer confirmation that a shelf pull has gone through and will be noted correctly (i.e. on the website vs digging around my account to see that my shelf pull went through), simplified first month or intro box

what clarity on the on the referral program? Specifically so I can mention. Refer someone through your link, get sent a 15.00 credit. Where to find the link? where to see if you got a referral?

Please mention the wrapping... my Pomegranate cream and a few others leaked out... in the box. and I had heard that people have had broken bottles because they don't bubble wrap.

Although.. my bottles did come bubble wrapped this time.

I feel like the fancy tissue paper, bows and wrapping is silly and would be better spent on a bit of bubble wrap. My first polishes had some sort of cardboard spacer that was good. I'm just throwing the packing and paper in the trash. I does not make me feel any more or less "special". Just want the products to show up unbroken.

Well this probably won't help you, but mainly I didn't join because I just don't generally join programs like that - I like to pick and choose my stuff. What really kept me from it though (because I really WAS tempted this time) was all the other "stuff" in the boxes that I would never use plus the fact that they don't have a "base" or "core" line. I'm kind of a creature of habit and just when I find "the one" that would be the time they'd run out of it, never to be seen again. I don't mind LE stuff, but at least have a basic line. I have nothing against their company or polishes though. I think some of them are really pretty.

I've been curious about Julep polishes but a couple of things kept me from trying it. I don't remember if the boxes are polishes only or include nail care products. I'd only want polishes and not any nail care products. The quiz made me think that it wouldn't be a good for me. I didn't want any of the vacation polishes and I found the fashion parts ridiculous. From my point of view many of the choices looked to be virtually identical.

The one thing I don't care for on the website is it seems I have to log in several times. If I'm logged into the page that shows any product, and then go to my account I have to log in again.(or maybe it's just on mine?) And if I go back and forth it seems I have to keep logging in to see information. Again, maybe it's just me. Does anyone else have this problem?

And I agree. Always a Polish Lover's Option if the boxes include a lot of other stuff and not polish.

So far since only receiving the intro box:

LOVE:
Flexibility to skip months if it doesn't interest me, or if I don't have the money to spend.

Discounts if I want to buy other than the monthly box.

The box fits in my mail box (I'm out in the country) so I don't have to wait until the next day then drive all the way into town to the PO for a too-big-for-the-product box.

DISLIKE/WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
I would like to see an option for polish lovers as well. I ended up skipping what would have been my first month because I signed up for nail polish not body lotion or other things like decals and lipgloss. I know my box was all nail related for December, but I don't have the patience for nail decals, and don't really love them, so I skipped. A polish only box would have made me keep this months box so I could try it out.

I'm another person that thinks the packaging is a HUGE waste. I would like to see just the polishes wrapped neatly in bubble wrap/something protective and placed in a box that fits just the polish and the index card. Less moving around in transit and less chances of things getting broken. I hate throwing away a ton of extra packaging, and while it's kind of fun to unwrap something, I would rather not have all the extra waste.

Also probably totally unrelated to what you guys will be discussing tomorrow...but who thinks they need to expand their polishes into FLAKIE and HOLO nail polish??? I DOOOOO!!!!!! Also matte polish! Those are things I don't own and don't really have access to in my area because no one is addicted to nail polish and places just don't order the special collections :sad:

Also just throwing it out there that my name would make an awesome nail polish name hehe! Then I would for sure have to buy it.

The one thing I don't care for on the website is it seems I have to log in several times. If I'm logged into the page that shows any product, and then go to my account I have to log in again.(or maybe it's just on mine?) And if I go back and forth it seems I have to keep logging in to see information. Again, maybe it's just me. Does anyone else have this problem?

And I agree. Always a Polish Lover's Option if the boxes include a lot of other stuff and not polish.

I have the same problem with logging in and staying logged in.

Oh another thing that would be nice, but not sure if it's entirely possible, would be to allow paypal if they don't already.
My only credit card is pretty much maxed 8 months out of the year because of school so it really limits my purchasing if I can only use a credit card. I understand why they need to take a credit card for the monthly boxes because the charges are reoccurring. Maybe allowing paypal for purchases and subscriptions if you ordered 3 months, 6 months, or yearly subscriptions it would be a nice option to have for those that can't use a credit card every month.