3 coats ~ Have to make a decision!

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I'm in the market to buy a new, very very warm insulated down coat.Preferably 3/4 length, all in black. I've decided between these three:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/Essentia...=IDX_Outerwear-_-Women-_-Regular&origin=index

http://www.landsend.com/pp/DownComm...erwear-_-OurWarmestCoats-_-Women&origin=index

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/sh...s-Metropolis-Parka_10047819_10208_10000001_-1_

So far the LE Commuter Coat appears to be the warmest but I'm not so sure of its style. Too conservative? Also the inside pockets are made of buttery soft material but are skimpy sized, although not a big deal.

So what do you think?

findingcate - Thank you! I checked out the JCrew but it's down/polly filled, not warm enough. I agree completely with you as far as style goes. I never liked logos on coats, most especially plastered on the front and back but my husband completely confused me when he told me I wear a Burberry scarf which everyone knows and couldn't see the difference.

I think number 2 is the nicest. you can wear it dressed up for work or more casually with jeans on the weekend. It doesnt look boring at all.

if you are looking for a more casual look I would choose number 3. don't mind the local and I think the quikting design is more warm than 1.

For me #3, for sure you will love it.All my NF parkas ,coats , jackets are warm enough for very cold winter .Also the logo isn't screaming.I wear with my Burberry scarf and look good :smile:

Hi natcolb65! I did. I ordered one of their coats as well but it's not a contender because it wasn't as warm and got sent back. I'm only driving myself crazy because it's a one time purchase that I don't intend to make again for another 10 years! (Rather spend on other things ;))

Interesting how the majority of you prefer the "non-Michelin" man look. I guess I was favoring that look because I had originally purchased LLBean's 850 Goose Down coat and loved the way it looked until I wore it in NYC on a very windy 50 degree day and the wind went right thru me. Needless to say the coat was returned.

It just so happens, the LE Commuter Coat appears to be the warmest. It's completely windproof, water resistant and heavily insulated and that alone should make my mind up but I just can't decide which look is more flattering! :thinking:

Hi natcolb65! I did. I ordered one of their coats as well but it's not a contender because it wasn't as warm and got sent back. I'm only driving myself crazy because it's a one time purchase that I don't intend to make again for another 10 years! (Rather spend on other things ;))

The Superior Down Parka wasn't warm enough?!!!It has 600 fill down!! It's tested to keep u warm up to 20 below!!! I know it seems like it's not warm because it's not bulky but that's why I love it. It is VERY warm.

I'd go for whichever one is the warmest. I have tried so many down coats and in the end they are all puffy no matter what. The least they could do is keep us very warm.
Of the three, I actually like the Northface one best in terms of shape. I think you said they are all black, but i like the grey one. The logo also shows less in this color.
I have a puffy down coat that comes with a stretch belt. The one I have is slightly shorter (3/4 length) and when belted it doesn't look too puffy.