3 coats ~ Have to make a decision!

I like the Northface one. Columbia also offers warm winter coats. I like both brand as they offer a lot of warmth and the fit is really nice. There's another coat that I have being eyeing lately. It's the Patagonia Downtown Loft Parka. A friend has one and it looks amazing due to the unique quilting. It has the 2-way zipper which I really love as well. Here's a link that I found on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Patagonia-Womens-Downtown-Loft-Parka/dp/B002S19RCG/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

The Superior Down Parka wasn't warm enough?!!!It has 600 fill down!! It's tested to keep u warm up to 20 below!!! I know it seems like it's not warm because it's not bulky but that's why I love it. It is VERY warm.
They're all supposedly 600 down. It's the "fill" part that matters. The one with the highest goose down count is usually the warmest and it's important for the outer shell to have a finish, creating a windproof protection which the LE commuter coat has. I just feel it doesn't look as umph on which really made me upset with the LLBean one! I have been a customer of theirs for many years and was so disappointed!
This is the LLBean one which I returned
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70415?feat=2-SR0

I just received the LE Essential coat and it looks fantastic on! It has the sleeve warmers that the NF doesn't have. Going to make a decision soon 'cause my CC is going to be enormous until I do! ;)

I like the Northface one. Columbia also offers warm winter coats. I like both brand as they offer a lot of warmth and the fit is really nice. There's another coat that I have being eyeing lately. It's the Patagonia Downtown Loft Parka. A friend has one and it looks amazing due to the unique quilting. It has the 2-way zipper which I really love as well. Here's a link that I found on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Patagonia-Womens-Downtown-Loft-Parka/dp/B002S19RCG/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

I like this coat, the color and the shape if great.

I would go for either of the Lands End coats. I have three of their down coats and LOVE them! All are great quality and have kept me warm in less than freezing temperatures. :tup:

It looks like the majority here liked the commuter coat. My DD's didn't and my SIL did. Drum roll please..(JK) I am holding onto the Lands End Essential coat for now until I receive the NF coat. I have returned the Eastern Mountain and Eddie Bauer and (sorry to those who have voted for the commuter coat) as well. I think the commuter coat reminded me of a coat I already have. I think I was looking for a more casual, less tailored vibe and am hoping the NF will fit the bill. I bought it on Macy*s F&F and am waiting to receive it. probably the only thing I don't love is their logo. It's bad enough I have to see everyone wearing it coming but I see it going too. However, my BIL, who is in the apparel industry said they make very good quality down coats.
I thank you all for helping me! You have great taste! IMO, the commuter coat is probably the warmest of all coats and makes a great coat for work for those who dress up. If I didn't already own the LE Squall, I probably would have swayed with you and purchased the LE Commuter Coat.

Once I get the NF coat I will make my final decision and let you all know. Again, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

Update So yesterday it was 33 degrees in the morning. I decided to put on the LE Essential coat. I was wearing a tshirt and cardigan and pants. Complete cosy warmth! It's a keeper! I should be receiving the NF coat on the 12th. If it is warm as well then I will keep that one too and let my DD share them with me. :biggrin: BTW, I thought I would mention, the reason I ruled out the Commuter Coat was I liked the way the LE Essential Coat had definition around the waist whereas the CC was a straight coat; sort of like a trench coat.

Again, thanks everyone!!